Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monitors
One piece of advice that  bjcheung77 always gives to folks starting is to get two monitors. He is correct

Here is a great deal on two for $99

https://slickdeals.net/f/14630356-se450-...ed%3Afalse
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cerich67's post:
  • rachel83az
Wow, that's an amazing deal! I would have bought into this deal if I didn't already get an Acer 24 inch monitor for my Acer 17" laptop - I use this as a desktop replacement - so I don't bring it anywhere, the 24" acts as a "dual monitor" as I use Windows 10 Split Screen (side by side of applications). Basically, my current setup would act as if I have 3 monitors to multi-task with...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
No hdmi. Smile
That's a great deal if you're happy with a 21.5".  Excellent flexibility; VGA, DVI, and two DisplayPort inputs.  

Thanks for sharing it!
(11-27-2020, 09:47 PM)eriehiker Wrote: No hdmi.  Smile

most newish video cards have maybe one HDMI port anyhow, Display port however they have a bunch, buying HDMI cables is soon to be a thing of the past anyhow
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
Personally, I use a laptop as a desktop. I don't think many laptops have display port (yet). I think it's going to be a while for the desire for HDMI to go away and, even then, it'll still be around. After all, VGA is "dead" and yet you can still find monitors with VGA. Like here. Strange to have VGA and not HDMI, IMO.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
One thing that I have noticed recently is that people are starting to simply put large flat screen TV's and monitors on the curb during garbage pickup day. We have three main TV's in the toy room, living room and workout/computer room. They are all 42 inch Sony or comparable flat screens that I picked up for free. I just recently picked up a 50 inch Emerson that need to pair with a remote. I know that these are not top notch current technology, but I kind of look at two older monitors for $50 as just okay deals.
(11-27-2020, 09:47 PM)eriehiker Wrote: No hdmi.  Smile

HDMI can be plugged into the DVI-D with a cheap simple adapter.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • MrBossmanJr