Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moodle vs. Acrobatiq - Straighterline
I'm currently taking American Government thru Straighterline and it's thru Moodle. I told my husband that he'd actually enjoy this course(yeah, I know) and he logged in to purchase it and his is Acrobatiq?!  Can anyone explain what's going on here? I just bought mine this past week, too. So why the change? 

Of the 7+ courses I've taken so far thru SL, none have been Acrobatiq.

Forgot to mention there's a price difference too! His is $74 while mine was $59.
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
There are 2 different options on SL, and he purchased the other one. So he just needs to contact SL and tell them he bought the wrong course. They will fix it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
He didn't move forward with the purchase. I did try searching out the correct course and only see this one!? Would it have anything to do with him having Excelsior for this college vs. mine is TESU? I wonder why I can't find the $59 one?
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
There's a handful of courses that have shifted to the newer Acrobatiq system. Not many people like the newer system.
Here's the link for the older course: https://www.straighterline.com/online-co...001-b.html
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I went to Straighterline.com, clicked on Courses, Social Science, then chose American Government. Both courses were listed there, so I'm not sure why you're not seeing both? Strange.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-06-2018, 01:13 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I went to Straighterline.com, clicked on Courses, Social Science, then chose American Government. Both courses were listed there, so I'm not sure why you're not seeing both? Strange.

For some reason I can't paste a screen shot here, but I only see one also ($59)
(02-06-2018, 09:03 AM)cookderosa Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 01:13 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I went to Straighterline.com, clicked on Courses, Social Science, then chose American Government.  Both courses were listed there, so I'm not sure why you're not seeing both?  Strange.

So you can only see the "other" one!  Funny.
(02-06-2018, 01:13 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I went to Straighterline.com, clicked on Courses, Social Science, then chose American Government.  Both courses were listed there, so I'm not sure why you're not seeing both?  Strange.

I just did the same thing and it's still showing only the Acrobatiq one. WTH?! LOL Check out my screenshot.  Huh (I cannot figure out how to upload a .png or a pdf?!)

Here's the link to the screenshot-- 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cvgrb3heeki43a...l.png?dl=0

(02-05-2018, 09:21 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: There's a handful of courses that have shifted to the newer Acrobatiq system.  Not many people like the newer system.
Here's the link for the older course: https://www.straighterline.com/online-co...001-b.html

Your link takes me right to it! Thank you bjcheung77   Wink

(02-06-2018, 09:03 AM)cookderosa Wrote:

Isn't that just the strangest thing? So glad it wasn't 'just me'. AND I couldn't paste my screenshot either?! I thought maybe because I am a newbie and it hasn't 'unlocked' that ability yet, until I have more posts.

― Captain Jack Sparrow
I can only see the old one too. $59. I wonder if it has to do with when the subscription started. Hope all of the $59 ones aren't going up in price when/if they change.
Myself: Pierpont BOG (May 2018), TESU BALS-SS (June 2019)
CC: 34cr 1979-95 SL: 9cr Shmoop: 6cr SC: 48cr Sophia: 5cr OD: 12cr TEEX: 3cr Ed4Credit: 6cr TESU: 7cr

My son: Currently pursuing Harvard Extension MLA Digital Media Design 28 Cr completed
TESU ASNSM in CS (June 2018), TESU BA Learner-Designed-Software Dev/Web Design Heart & Cert CIS (March 2019)
CSU Global: 9cr Hodges: 24cr SL: 15cr SC: 51cr TEEX: 4cr Sophia: 8cr CLEP: 3cr ED4Credit: 6cr TESU: 6cr Alex:3cr
Hi I know this tread is a tad dated but i found out how to get the 59 dollar price.
As far as I can tell there are 3 classes that use this Acrobatiq deal. The bad thing is these classes are 74 dollars a piece Vs McGraw-Hill which are $ 59.00.  My guess is they are phasing some classes out in favor of this Acrobatiq thing. Non the less the old courses are still available but hidden well.  Go here and add them to cart, they are the old version at 59 dollars.  Upon check out you see they are McGraw- Hill.  Im not sure how long they will be there for, but i bought all 3.  Basically i save money this way and the new format is disliked by alot of people.

https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/...uivalency/

1. American Government from Acrobatiq
2. Introduction to Psychology from Acrobatiq
3. Introduction to Sociology from Acrobatiq

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 524 03-29-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 176 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,524 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 335 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 324 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 711 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 437 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 642 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,172 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com vs. StraighterLine bjcheung77 2 1,091 03-23-2023, 08:45 PM
Last Post: jsh1138