Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motivation
Hello everyone!

I wonder if any of you experience lack of motivation for subjects that are not interesting to you?
I can't seem to get motivated with US History II and the Social Science/History exams!! I have an interest in current events, politics, and history- but I am learning that as an adult, I really like to study what interests ME Sad and that isn't necessarily on the exams!
I felt like US History I was "do-able" because I have taught the essence of that subject to my children year after year (I homeschool my 4 children- at least one child is in that subject every year) so I really only did a brush up for myself. Civil War and Reconstruction was pretty much torture in every way.
Don't suggest I take other exams in their place, I am going to work through it, and as my kids say "cowboy up." But I would like to hear if anyone has tricks they use to work through material that they don't like.
Autumn,

Glad to hear I am not the only one dragging through that material. This is really my first time using IC, and so I don't have a solid understanding of a really a good study technique. I am just browsing the flash cards at this point. I guess I could do a timeline too. Any tips??
Ok, I scheduled my tests. I'm taking US History 2 on Aug 15th, and Social Sciences and History on Aug 22nd. This is also my first week of classes with TESC online, so I am a little anxious - this is my first time taking classes online- so once I feel like I understand the course requirements I'll be a lot more comfortable with this whole semester!
mapalo Wrote:This is a great thread, Please give us all the advise and motivation we can get.

Just thinking, of Math, accounting and Statistics give me sleepless nights and just the thought has a way of destroying my day. Especially that I tried to schedule for Principles of accounting but backed off after about two weeks of studying, I was left confused.

I am sorry this is not motivating, but I write this to say Yes Please we need all the motivation we can get, some of use just need much motivation on those hard subject than others

Thanks all
Mapalo
>>

Well, I finished (passed) all of my history classes. So, guess what I figured out? It's less study time and FASTER if you learn it now! See, you'll have this demon with you for a month or a year- your choice! :eek:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Losing Motivation plutoon 17 2,037 09-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Last Post: ryoder
  Lost my motivation. Any advise? Runner4064 13 2,863 07-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Last Post: goldpaws