Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost my motivation. Any advise?
Jeffs,

By taking financial accounting you have a leg up. I barely passed the principles of finance dsst with a 47 needed a 46. It's a bear but you can do it. be familiar with instantcert but you may want to do some supplemental study with a reccomended textbook from the dsst study guide. I know it's tough to stay motivated but just think how great it will feel to be done with your degree.

Aaron
Summer really has the best of us. I just completed 3 in seat classes last Wed and I was so thrilled to be out of that building, but I only have approx 7 or 8 exams to my BA do you think I taken any yet? NO! I told myself the minute you are out you've got to get going. Well the only thing thats going is me in my car to the beach! I feel so exhausted from this last semester and the spring semester which I had an internship along with 5 classes to do. Motivation is hard to come by sometimes, but I do agree with setting goals, write them down were you can see them, check them off as you go along, tell someone close to you about your goal so you can have someone that will check in to see how your doing. Set a date and just do it! Thats what I have to do myself, I am holding myself back at this point.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Thanks Aaron...I barely passed accounting and I just bombed my Managerial acocunting mid-term, but I'm still optomistic I can knock this out when I get focused. I'll cry if I fail. Sad

radeonator2048 Wrote:Jeffs,

By taking financial accounting you have a leg up. I barely passed the principles of finance dsst with a 47 needed a 46. It's a bear but you can do it. be familiar with instantcert but you may want to do some supplemental study with a reccomended textbook from the dsst study guide. I know it's tough to stay motivated but just think how great it will feel to be done with your degree.

Aaron
TESC BSBA - Computer Information Systems December 2008
Passed CLEPs:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Marketing
Principles of Management
Introductory Business Law
Principles of Financial Accounting

Passed DSSTs:
Principles of Statistics
Principles of Finance
Have you tried music? Classical is actually a tool we use in my family to concentrate and actually get better grades, etc.

Rock music is good for motivation ... try something 80's like (Top Gun soundtrack, for example) - nothing depressing, though, lol, that won't help. You can even try a 70's music CD with "I can see clearly now that the rain has gone" or "close to you" or "aint no mountain high enough". It really works; I play my myspace playlist while i work and it does wonders (the time goes by quick, too, and I sing along in my chair!)

Music and dancing not only provide a good amount of break time & exercise but also motivation to get going and get to the finish line. Smile
Credits Racked Up.....71
Peers: (Still) Not Even Outta High School Yet.
No More CLEPs left. I've taken them all! :p
Spring 2009: Managerial Accounting, Business Cal, Statistics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Facebook A.k.a Meta Set a Record With Nearly $240 Billion Lost in One Day! LevelUP 0 510 02-04-2022, 01:32 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Resume advise Rustydroid 3 1,547 10-01-2019, 03:15 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  I've lost access to the "Specific Exam Feedback - InstantCert Subscribers ONLY" group Nerdymcnerdface 9 3,645 09-27-2019, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Zham
  New Forum Software Installed / 3 Weeks Data Lost sgloer 46 11,449 08-15-2017, 10:33 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is Ethics and Integritty a lost art??? Lindagerr 17 2,687 10-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Last Post: a4tunatemom
  Losing Motivation plutoon 17 2,063 09-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Last Post: ryoder
  OT upgraded IE and lost toolbar??!! cookderosa 7 1,807 06-21-2011, 06:39 PM
Last Post: dcan
  Shopping for a new cell phone....completely lost!!! vanki 5 1,804 09-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Last Post: rmroberts
  Lost Shadowless 8 2,035 04-06-2008, 06:04 AM
Last Post: gus
  Motivation cookderosa 3 3,604 10-06-2007, 08:44 AM
Last Post: cookderosa