Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well my car burst into flames...
My donkey (aka 99 Lexus ES) died on me yesterday. It stopped about 3 -4 blocks away from my destination. When I didn't see it this morning I called the PD and got the number to the tow company. "Total Loss," he said. "Liability only," I said. I can sign the title over to him and won't owe them anything for the tow. But now I have to rely on the kindness of strangers (well, my husbands strangeness).

I worry about my ability to get through school if I have to get a new(er) car and full coverage. Its pricey out here.

Lifes constant curveballs.
TESU Commencement - Saturday, September 23, 2017!

Goal: TESU, BSBA General Management by September 2017
68/120 credits completed
In Progress This Month
Prin of Mgmt, Org Behavior, Bus Law, Prin of Fin (DSST)

November 2016
TESU Info Session (waived app fee + free breakfast)
Previous B&M - 45 cr. transferred
March 2017
Aleks - Intermediate Alg, College Alg, Intro to Stats
Institutes - Ethics
Guardian Scholarship Awarded 3/23/17
April 2017
Study.com - Personal Finance, Digital Marketing & Advertising
May 2017
World Religions, Pr. of Marketing
18 years out of a car? You done used that car good. Obviously someone really knows how to do maintenance.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I sold my car in Aug. and have not replaced it yet. Getting around with Uber/Lyft. It's cheaper than owning a car. Overall, it has its pluses and minuses, but it is working well for me so far, mainly because I work from home. If I had to commute to work everyday I would just buy a car.
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSA UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
davewill Wrote:18 years out of a car? You done used that car good. Obviously someone really knows how to do maintenance.

Yea he really did hang on for longer than I could have hoped. RIP Eddy.

68/120 credits completed
In Progress This Month

November 2016
March 2017
Institutes - Ethics
April 2017
May 2017
tesu-acct-student Wrote:I sold my car in Aug. and have not replaced it yet. Getting around with Uber/Lyft. It's cheaper than owning a car. Overall, it has its pluses and minuses, but it is working well for me so far, mainly because I work from home. If I had to commute to work everyday I would just buy a car.

I am desperately seeking a remote gig. I feel like perhaps I'm not searching correctly. But if I have to come here everyday, I'll have to drive.

68/120 credits completed
In Progress This Month

November 2016
March 2017
Institutes - Ethics
April 2017
May 2017