Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My TESC BSBA Marketing revised plan!
chattenoire Wrote:For reals?! That's awesome! I don't meet too many social media managers! Do you work for an agency, brand or self employed?

I work for a brand, but I've also done a few one-off projects for local businesses and friends. I don't meet many of our kind, either! I'm trying to move into a more strategic role, rather than handling the gruntwork, so that's why I'm here Smile How about you?

Oh, and PS - I took Principles of Marketing from Saylor and it was pretty easy. Lots of it was common sense for someone who's worked in our industry, and I think it's cheaper than the CLEP option you have. Looking at your plan, you have a few CLEPs that could be Saylor classes. They're less than half the price of a CLEP, but your study materials are also half the quality Smile Principles of Marketing was pretty well-done, but Principles of Management is the reason I'm browsing this forum instead of studying my flashcards! How is their Corp Comm?

You already did it, but for all those lurkers out there, Kaplan PLA is a great motivator and un-stuck-maker. I got 3 credits today while eating lunch. That makes me feel like a badass knowledge warrior who's on her way to greatness, and it's motivated me to keep slogging through. Same with the TEEX Cybersecurity stuff. I'm halfway through Cybersecurity for Everyone, and it requires little thought. What is spam? Is spam bad? I'm projecting, but if you're a digital native who's set up a router, it's a breezy clickfest.

Good luck! Big Grin
Completed since 10/30/15:
Saylor: Principles of Marketing | Principles of Management
Free: Kaplan PLA | Cybersecurity for Everyone | Cybersecurity for Business | CPCU Ethics
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra | College Algebra | Pre-Calculus | Intro to Stats |
Straighterline: Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Religion | Accounting I | Microeconomics
Next up: TECEP Psychology of Women
Awesome! I work for a brand too ~ We actually have a location in Easton (and Allentown too!) so you may even be familiar with it!

I just became a guinea pig for the dream degree program. We still are unsure if it's legit or not. I just finished the Interpersonal Communication class, and I'm wondering if it duplicates TESC's Business/Managerial Communication. It seems to have a lot of overlap so far with what I have learned in Saylor's Corp Communication. However, I am doing pretty bad at Saylor's Corp Comm... like, it seems common-sensey to me, then I take the practice tests and don't do well. (granted, I don't really pay attention to the videos they want you to watch because they're soooo boring.) So I stopped doing Corp Communication, face-rolled through Dream Degree's Interpersonal Communication which also has some tricky test questions in it, but because I aced the written portions I managed to do well.

I am dreading going back to Saylor's Corp Communication, so I think what I will do is, as you suggest, work on Principles of Marketing as a break. Then go back to the grind of corporate communication. ><

I also took your advice and replaced some of my test-outs with Saylor ones. I had originally removed the Saylor ones because of the Corp Communications trouble I had, but I'll give them another shot. ;-)
Working on my BABA in Marketing from UMPI.
Check out my path & progress here!
I'm super curious about Dream Degree.. You'll have to keep us posted if you get your credits!

That Saylor Corp Comm.. Yikes. I found it awful, and I worked in corpcomm for years - I'd have thought I knew a thing or two about it, but I went through the practice tests and no dice. I was getting irritated with Principles of Management so I signed up with ALEKS today to try some math, and you know what? Principles of Management doesn't seem too bad haha.

Another tip: I didn't watch ANY of the videos for Marketing, and I did just fine on the test. Basically I just made flashcards of the key definitions and studied those and the quiz questions, and I got a 90%ish.

Are you local? (You can PM me if you don't want to share publically.) The Lehigh Valley feels like a small town, so I'm super intrigued!!
Completed since 10/30/15:
Saylor: Principles of Marketing | Principles of Management
Free: Kaplan PLA | Cybersecurity for Everyone | Cybersecurity for Business | CPCU Ethics
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra | College Algebra | Pre-Calculus | Intro to Stats |
Straighterline: Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Religion | Accounting I | Microeconomics
Next up: TECEP Psychology of Women
I don't think Interpersonal Communication (COM-330) will count towards Business/Managerial Communication (MAN-373 for Saylor or TECEP, COM-300 from SL). You'll just have to put it with your GenEd stuff instead. But definitely let us know what they do with it when you transfer it in.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,383 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,930 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,796 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,056 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,349 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,724 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
Exclamation 2018/2019 Updated Associates Degree Plan Options?! Mikele8 10 2,950 08-23-2018, 09:47 AM
  TESU BA in History Plan - Critiques? mysonx3 4 2,167 08-21-2018, 08:54 AM
  New Member need assistance with TESU degree plan BA ckndinner 3 1,713 08-12-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: prolific_change
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,703 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999