Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I graduate with a double degree?
Hi everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster. This forum has been an incredible resource.

I transferred in everything but the last two classes and am now in the capstone and cornerstone. I'm doing my degree in liberal studies - math and natural sciences. I saw, though, that if I take 3 SDC classes I can get a BA in psychology. 

Can I do this and would I have to pay two residency waivers?

Thanks so much for everything!
Hi, I'll answer the questions I can, answer some questions you didn't ask, and... I actually have a question too.

1. Yes, you can graduate with two degrees in one cycle from TESU. https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/current/...of-Degrees

1.a. HOWEVER, a BA Liberal Studies and BA Psychology is not considered one degree. It's considered two areas of study within one degree (BA), so it would fall under the first section in that link.
1.b. I don't know if TESU has a separate policy about pairing a Liberal Studies concentration with a more specific concentration. I may be chicken little here, and others might have more experience with that.

2. No, you don't need to pay a second residency waiver, or second graduation fee, as long as both are done at the same time. https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation

EDIT: Is this a new policy for BSBA? No overlap in AOS for dual concentrations?
TESU Wrote:*Students pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree may complete up to two areas of study within one bachelor's degree. No credit for the first area of study may be used toward the second area of study. All related required credits for each area of study, as well as degree requirements, must be met at the same time.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • Magitza
How interesting... So, it sounds like one could graduate with a BA and/or BS and/or AA and/or AS since these are different degrees, I believe?

It looks like I can get an ASNSM in biology for no extra coursework, so I might as well. I figure I can also do those 3 SDC psych classes (how hard can they be?) to get the BA in psych.

Do I have to "declare" my change in major? I can't find anything about this but I'm generally bad at finding information on tesu's website.
*wet fart* You're amazing! And I thought I was the one who likes to get more associates/bachelors for the price of one... you rock! Yes, you can get two associates/bachelors for the price of an extra capstone if you're going for a BALS/BSBA, if you're going for a BA Psych and a BALS, that will be two degrees with one capstone. The only difference between two degrees and two areas of study for the BA, is the way you apply for graduation... haha, that's the only difference!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Magitza, Pikachu
(07-21-2021, 11:51 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: *wet fart* You're amazing! And I thought I was the one who likes to get more associates/bachelors for the price of one... you rock!  Yes, you can get two associates/bachelors for the price of an extra capstone if you're going for a BALS/BSBA, if you're going for a BA Psych and a BALS, that will be two degrees with one capstone.  The only difference between two degrees and two areas of study for the BA, is the way you apply for graduation... haha, that's the only difference!

I'm not sure I can make myself do another capstone. lol

Too bad, too, since it looks like the AA degrees require their own capstone. That seems unfair, the BA capstone should supersede the AA capstone.

I was wrong about the ASNSM Biology. I would need one more class, the Biology II with lab. I have lots of other bio classes but none of them fit here, apparently, and there ay ACE classes I can take.

Anyway, thanks for info!
Just email TESU advising and have them ADD on the ASNSM Biology (no capstone) and the BA Psychology to your evaluation(s)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(07-21-2021, 12:33 PM)allvia Wrote: Just email TESU advising and have them ADD on the ASNSM Biology (no capstone) and the BA Psychology to your evaluation(s)

Expanding on this:
From past posts on this forum, it is necessary to explicitly state which programs to add and keep. Otherwise, advising may misinterpret the email as a request to change programs. I suggest this format in the email:
KEEP BA-Liberal Studies
ADD BA-Psychology
ADD ASNSM-Biology
This makes intentions crystal clear.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
(07-21-2021, 12:07 PM)Magitza Wrote: I'm not sure I can make myself do another capstone. lol

Too bad, too, since it looks like the AA degrees require their own capstone. That seems unfair, the BA capstone should supersede the AA capstone.

I was wrong about the ASNSM Biology. I would need one more class, the Biology II with lab. I have lots of other bio classes but none of them fit here, apparently, and there ay ACE classes I can take.

Anyway, thanks for info!

There are a number of degrees that don't require their own capstone. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...gree_Plans
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
Thanks everyone! This was all super helpful! I really appreciate it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 592 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 489 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 517 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 397 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 373 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 339 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 298 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 659 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 621 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 5,013 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1