Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My TESU application got rejected
FYI:  https://www.ets.org/s/cv/toefl/at-home/

it would be great if they expand the list of locations
romoh - I forget, what degree are you going for again? If you're near 90 credits, I would decide on the degree and I would get more credits done that you know can transfer to COSC/EC and TESU (namely, the courses from Sophia.org as they're free right now) - StraighterLine/Study.com. If you want, copy/paste all the credits you have here and we can give you a better idea of what to do or what it will align to better...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-27-2020, 11:41 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: romoh - I forget, what degree are you going for again?  If you're near 90 credits, I would decide on the degree and I would get more credits done that you know can transfer to COSC/EC and TESU (namely, the courses from Sophia.org as they're free right now) - StraighterLine/Study.com.  If you want, copy/paste all the credits you have here and we can give you a better idea of what to do or what it will align to better...

I’m determined to take a bachelors in psychology. Are you suggesting looking into COSC/EC instead of TESU?
COSC seems kind of difficult for a psychology degree
https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...hology.php

it looks similar to the others until you get to the bottom and and see you have to choose a concentration
(03-27-2020, 10:54 PM)bluebooger Wrote: COSC seems kind of difficult for a psychology degree                  

it looks similar to the others until you get to the bottom and and see you have to choose a concentration

but the last concentration is general psychology that doesn't seem too bad.
(03-27-2020, 10:48 PM)romoh Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 11:41 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: romoh - I forget, what degree are you going for again?  If you're near 90 credits, I would decide on the degree and I would get more credits done that you know can transfer to COSC/EC and TESU (namely, the courses from Sophia.org as they're free right now) - StraighterLine/Study.com.  If you want, copy/paste all the credits you have here and we can give you a better idea of what to do or what it will align to better...

I’m determined to take a bachelors in psychology. Are you suggesting looking into COSC/EC instead of TESU?

No, not yet at least, it's best to see what credits you have first to see which degree provider would take more credits and have you graduate faster. I think the only reason you're wanting TESU is because of the name. COSC/EC does require a language exam as well, so, as I mentioned in the previous post, get more credits that can transfer to all three from Study.com especially the Psych courses...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-27-2020, 11:10 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:

No, not yet at least, it's best to see what credits you have first to see which degree provider would take more credits and have you graduate faster.  I think the only reason you're wanting TESU is because of the name.  COSC/EC does require a language exam as well, so, as I mentioned in the previous post, get more credits that can transfer to all three from Study.com especially the Psych courses...

Thanks a lot. I always look forward to your replies. I have a question, though. Aside from the Big3, what other schools have a generous credit transfer policy of more than 90 credits?
(03-27-2020, 11:10 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: ...COSC/EC does require a language exam as well, ...

where do you see that ?

https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...ements.php

(03-27-2020, 11:15 PM)romoh Wrote:

No, not yet at least, it's best to see what credits you have first to see which degree provider would take more credits and have you graduate faster.  I think the only reason you're wanting TESU is because of the name.  COSC/EC does require a language exam as well, so, as I mentioned in the previous post, get more credits that can transfer to all three from Study.com especially the Psych courses...

Thanks a lot. I always look forward to your replies. I have a question, though. Aside from the Big3, what other schools have a generous credit transfer policy of more than 90 credits?

None, which is why they're the Big 3.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-27-2020, 11:15 PM)romoh Wrote:

I know of a few schools that accept "unlimited credits" however the catch is usually this only applies to credits from RA-4YR graded credits. Most schools besides the Big 3 or schools geared towards adult learners cap alt credit or exam credit between 30-60 credits total. And the biggest catch of all is even if can transfer a bunch of credits there is a minimum residency requirement of 30 credits. So that means even if you transfer almost all of a degree, you would have to re do stuff to get the 30.

The school I attend and at least 3 others I applied to had this "unlimited transfer credit" policy with those stipulations I said above. In fact the others required 60 credits must be from a 4 YR school. The big 3 are special

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 12 661 5 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 161 5 hours ago
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,579 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 621 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 548 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 281 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,329 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 255 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 410 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 312 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az