Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MyEdison Error Message???
I went to check my academic evaluation today - my CLEP scores are taking FOREVER to be added - and got a concerning error message.

Person does not have an active program.

Ummmm.....

Did I miss sending in a payment to keep my account active or something? I've had zero communication from TESU regarding any concerns or upcoming deadlines. Or is this a random one-off error message that is determined to give me a heart attack?
Working towards BALS at TESU

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 
Language and Literacy in Education (OnlineDegree)

Completed:
Study.com: Personal Finance 102, History 108, Psychology 106, Psychology 104, Communications 120, Religion 101

Free: Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for Professionals

CLEP (free through Modern States): American Government, A+I Lit, American Lit, History of the US 1
When did you apply?

Also to confirm you can login - you just get the error when you click into the Academic Evaluation through OSS?
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

When you log into OSS, click onto the Student Menu, Academic Profile, My Profile. Does it list any academic programs at the bottom? If it doesn't, then that's the reason for the error. The system just indicates it doesn't know you have a default degree choice, call TESU to add BALS or whatever to your degree academic programs.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Photo 
This is what it shows when I go to my profile. I have never had an issue checking my academic evaluation before. Still call TESU and say add BALS or is something else going on here? What does it mean "inactive?"

Attached Files
.png   Untitled.png (Size: 184.59 KB / Downloads: 22)

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 

Completed:
Study.com: Personal Finance 102, History 108, Psychology 106, Psychology 104, Communications 120, Religion 101

CLEP (free through Modern States): American Government, A+I Lit, American Lit, History of the US 1
Yup, You got that right, it's no longer showing the BALS in the program list. So, you need to have them add it to your list.
The reason why it went missing is, it's been over a year since you applied. You're in an inactive state since 10/17/2018.
The only thing you can do now is to either take a course or TECEP to get that reactivated... but call them for other options.

Keep in mind since it lapsed into an inactive status they will likely add the degree back in the current catalog year, but odds are likely you'll need to take the cornerstone (if you had the waiver previously).  Sad  Do keep us posted.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

I second the recommendation to call in. Tell them you didn't know there was a deadline, and that you want to enroll immediately and be ready to pay for a TECEP or the Cornerstone. You might be able to get your old catalog back.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Sadly I definitely don't have the funds to enroll in either a TECEP or Cornerstone right now. I still intend on calling them but how bad would it be to wait until I'm ready for my Capstone to become active again? I haven't been keeping up as well as I should on the catalog changes (life has hit hard this year, thus not being finished yet).

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 

Completed:

[-] The following 1 user Likes Doodlebabe's post:
  • mzcutie85
The requirements for any degree plan may change each catalog year, but for the BALS or the BSBA, I haven't seen much changes. If you're aiming for the BALS, I won't even worry about it. However, that being said, you should work on the Cornerstone requirement unless you have already had a waiver in place for it; if not, do it first, it'll be $300 and will get you active/enrolled. Your catalog year/enrollment will then be active for the year.

You do not need to finish your degree right away because of financial difficulties or whatever happens in life, you have up to a year or whenever they decide to make major changes, I would look out for these changes each July 1. If you "read" through newer threads and find anything alarming, then I would try to finish faster. Go at your desired pace, not at someone else's recommendation if you can't handle it...

Take all the courses you need from CLEP/MS, Onlinedegree.com, Saylor, StraighterLine, Study.com and whatever provider you want. Remember, the only course you take is the Capstone at a cost of $1098 and residency waiver fee is $2200 with the Study.com discount. Please review this link for all details in regards to Study.com discount https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/costs-tuition

(12-09-2018, 06:30 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: The requirements for any degree plan may change each catalog year, but for the BALS or the BSBA, I haven't seen much changes. If you're aiming for the BALS, I won't even worry about it. However, that being said, you should work on the Cornerstone requirement unless you have already had a waiver in place for it; if not, do it first, it'll be $300 and will get you active/enrolled. Your catalog year/enrollment will then be active for the year.

You do not need to finish your degree right away because of financial difficulties or whatever happens in life, you have up to a year or whenever they decide to make major changes, I would look out for these changes each July 1. If you "read" through newer threads and find anything alarming, then I would try to finish faster. Go at your desired pace, not at someone else's recommendation if you can't handle it...

Take all the courses you need from CLEP/MS, Onlinedegree.com, Saylor, StraighterLine, Study.com and whatever provider you want. Remember, the only course you take is the Capstone at a cost of $1098 and residency waiver fee is $2200 with the Study.com discount. Please review this link for all details in regards to Study.com discount https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/costs-tuition

Is it truly unlikely that I'll keep my Cornernstone and residency waiver (used Study before and they have those courses on my evaluation already)? If I call them it's going to be later today. I was hoping to graduate in June and register for the February Capstone. With all this extra hullabaloo of getting reactivated though maybe I'll take my time. Truly depends on if I keep my waivers or not at this point.

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 

Completed:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SOS-110 | Error akr680 1 482 08-26-2021, 06:26 PM
Last Post: P226mem
  myEdison & OSS offline July 10th rachel83az 4 777 07-01-2021, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU midterm exam issue (error 406) Merlin 6 1,518 12-22-2018, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Merlin