Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU midterm exam issue (error 406)
Hey folks,

Not sure if anyone else has run into this, but I just ran into a technical issue trying to take my midterm exam. I am using the online proctor option via proctorU of course, but when we tried to activate the midterm exam, instead of taking me to the exam page, it took me to an error page with the following error...

Quote:Sorry, an unexpected error occured. Please try again.

Error 0: Server was unable to process request. ---> The remote server returned an error: (406) Not Acceptable.

My proctor tried to get it working on their side and then sent me to proctorU technical support, who spent another 20 minutes trying to get it working before giving up and telling me to contact the school. I've never seen this issue before, but this is the first exam I've tried to take from TESU. They use questionmark.com for their test administration apparently. The error page was https://ondemand.questionmark.com/lti/error.php

The sample exam that TESU uses to verify everything works with the exam still works just fine, btw. The error only happens with the midterm link itself.

A 406 error usually means the server is trying to return data that the client can't handle, but I suspect there is some kind of credential issue or I'm missing some feature that it's expecting. I'm using the latest version of Chrome (tried on both my PC and Mac) and I also tried MS Edge on my PC just in case.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

I have like two days left to complete the exam. I've sent a note to testing@tesu.edu and left a message for my course mentor so he's aware. Hopefully they can figure out what's going on quickly so we can get this rescheduled for tomorrow or Saturday (and ideally I don't end up having to pay the rescheduling fee to proctorU to get this rescheduled in under 72 hours).
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I would call them today and be sure it gets handled.

I don't think there would be a rescheduling fee because it was the school's issue. (I had an issue with an SL course once.)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • Merlin
That's got me worried. Last semester I had a proctored midterm that went smoothly, besides me nodding off midtest. I have another for this semester.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • Merlin
I had the same problem today, I literally just kept closing chrome then reopening in a panic. Then opened with explorer... Rinse, wash, and repeat and right as the proctor was trying to tell me to contact customer support it worked. I got in, took the final and all was fine. Oh it finally opened and worked with chrome.

Good luck brother.

[-] The following 1 user Likes kodiak61's post:
  • Merlin
(12-21-2018, 03:35 PM)kodiak61 Wrote: I had the same problem today, I literally just kept closing chrome then reopening in a panic. Then opened with explorer... Rinse, wash, and repeat and right as the proctor was trying to tell me to contact customer support it worked. I got in, took the final and all was fine. Oh it finally opened and worked with chrome.

Good luck brother.

Yeah I tried opening and closing chrome over and over, logging out and back in, clearing caches, and switched to the MS Edge browser to test. I even hopped onto my Mac to verify the issue was happening there as well.

I submitted a ticket to the test administration folks at TESU and they fixed it today. Apparently, there was a server-side issue. I just checked and I can access it now.

Now I just need to contact ProctorU to get it rescheduled without the last minute fee.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
(12-21-2018, 03:52 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 03:35 PM)kodiak61 Wrote: I had the same problem today, I literally just kept closing chrome then reopening in a panic. Then opened with explorer... Rinse, wash, and repeat and right as the proctor was trying to tell me to contact customer support it worked. I got in, took the final and all was fine. Oh it finally opened and worked with chrome.

Good luck brother.

Yeah I tried opening and closing chrome over and over, logging out and back in, clearing caches, and switched to the MS Edge browser to test. I even hopped onto my Mac to verify the issue was happening there as well.

I submitted a ticket to the test administration folks at TESU and they fixed it today. Apparently, there was a server-side issue. I just checked and I can access it now.

Now I just need to contact ProctorU to get it rescheduled without the last minute fee.

a side question Merlin, are paper and pencil proctored exams still an option or have they done away with those?
(12-22-2018, 09:39 AM)cookderosa Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 03:52 PM)Merlin Wrote:

Good luck brother.

a side question Merlin, are paper and pencil proctored exams still an option or have they done away with those?

They're still available as an option, but you need to inform the school and arrange for the proctor well in advance, of course.

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 2 users Like Merlin's post:
  • cookderosa, Muldoon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 783 8 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,988 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 266 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,164 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 728 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 571 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch