Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NA Credits for AAS at Pierpoint
Would biology courses taken at University of the People (NA credits) transfer for the AAS BOG? I really want to get a AAS related to Biology if at all possible.

I am disabled and on a fixed income, my only sources of credit for the foreseeable future are Saylor and University of the People for general courses.

My goal is to do as many Saylor credits as possible.

Anyone have some expert advise?
Yes, UoPeople works. Have you already taken them? If not, STOP. Sophia + ASU is cheaper than Saylor + UoPeople.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • midnite123
(11-11-2023, 02:48 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Yes, UoPeople works. Have you already taken them? If not, STOP. Sophia + ASU is cheaper than Saylor + UoPeople.

University of the People is going to give me financial aid via scholarships because I am very, very poor. How is Sophia ($80) cheaper than Saylor ($5 per attempt)?

My RA credit will likely come from BYU Pathways Medical Coding & Billing certificate.

There is a 0% percent chance of me being able to afford to do Sophia unfortunately. My goal is to learn more about human health to help manage my disability. I will never be entering the workforce due to schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.

My eventual goal is a AAS BOG - Biology OR Health Information Systems emphasis + B.S. Health Science + Medical Coding and Billing certificate
Because it's not uncommon to have to take Saylor exams 2 or 3 times before you pass. For the 60 credits you need for Pierpont, that's somewhere between $100 and $300.

Sophia is $80 for the first month and you should be able to get all 60 credits you need within that timeframe. From there, you can do the $25 ASU credit or the BYU certificate - if that's worth graded credit.

If you want the BOG with Biology emphasis, you really want to do Sophia. They have a ton of Biology credits available and you can't get them cheaper anywhere else. Health Information Technology is probably not possible without using Study.com and Study.com is significantly more expensive than Sophia.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • lynnii2, origamishuttle
I know UoP isn't as common for members here, but does anyone know how well ACE credit transfers? For the 12 elective credits, are the LL or UL?
@chrisv, in addition to what you've asked, it's better to also bring in more info by filling in the addendum and template. It's great asking questions and getting answers... Having said that, to help you more, you want to let people know exactly what you are trying to do by providing a bigger overview so we get the full picture of your scenario. I got confused on your post #5, are the ACE credits/12 elective credits for UOP or Pierpont? Again, please elaborate.

Your best bet is to do a combination of Saylor.org and Sophia.org, for example, you're looking to transfer in the full 75% or 90 credits into the degree or institution of choice and they take 90 credits max, you need to see what classes offered by these providers can go into the degree and not waste time on classes that won't. Create a spreadsheet for the degree and then post a link to it here, make it viewable/not editable on your google or one drive. We can help then...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • lynnii2
I did Saylor's Mollecular Biology and Geography proctored exams and passed them in the 1st attempt. If you read the entire course (quizzes in each unit are optional but give you a good idea of your weaknesses), go do the practice final exam which will give you a good idea of the overall difficulty of the proctored exam. If you can score above 75 on the exam non proctored exam, you have a good chance of passing the real thing. I found the Geography one to be real easy, the Biology is doable if you study the chapters about Chlorophyll real well.

I am halfway through their Art 101 course, there really isn't that much overlap between their art course and the Sophia at history ones. Saylor's course goes much further in the topics of cameras and sculptures.

Can you afford 50 USD? People can offer a 1 month Sophia code at a heavy discount and you could grind as many of the quickie courses as possible. Visual communications can be done in just a few hours. I did Environmentl Science in 6 hours but other students might take a full day for it. Their Intro to Web development and Intro to Technlogy are also super fast courses.

Even though it has a Touchstone, their Greek Philosophers course is also super fast and the grade comes in pretty quickly.

Another option is to take advantage of coursera's 1 USD sale this month and grill through some of the ACE accredited courses for those 12 credits
Yes, I also recommend working on the certs, degree, experience to get the trifecta. You can do the $1/first month for Coursera and get the required Google/ACE credits, once that is done, you can also look into the EDX and other cheap/freebie options available on the WIKI, make sure to mix/match the trifecta to your liking...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 765 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Credit sufficiency for Pierpoint BOG Degree w/ AoE in IS DEPY 6 524 03-17-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,182 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
  Need help figuring out if I have enough credits to graduate in December 00u00u00 17 1,259 10-11-2023, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Pierpoint BOG Area of Emphasis for retail Store Manager Brandon.Thomas.Downer 8 638 09-30-2023, 07:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Pierpont & NA credits rachel83az 4 806 09-01-2023, 08:12 PM
  Remaining Credits Needed For Pierpont BOG AAS? bubbleteamoo 5 822 05-30-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: bubbleteamoo
  What Credits Do I need to finish Pierpont Associates BOG? PellmellShell 27 2,816 05-23-2023, 01:47 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Looking for AAS (have Google certs & Sophia,sdc credits) Pierpont? probablystupid 27 2,205 04-12-2023, 06:34 PM
  Pierpont AAS BOG - credits? RA808 3 1,094 01-06-2023, 04:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore