Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NAU MOL degree personalized learning
I just got accepted into the Master's of Organizational Leadership program a week ago. I wanted to know if anyone completed the program. If so, how rigorous is it? How was your ability to accelerate?  I have researched all over the internet and can't seem to find much about this program at NAU. I am also apart of the fb page. Do they have a discord? I will update my future progress in this thread just in case someone else is lost like me lol. BtW I just completed my BLS in management and political science at UMPI fall session 1 this past October. It took about a week to get accepted to NAU. I have my first advisor meeting on Thursday and is waiting for Financial Aid to process.
The NAU CBE MOL is brand new for 2023-24, so you're pioneering it. Please keep us posted. Congratulations and good luck!
[-] The following 2 users Like Jonathan Whatley's post:
  • jch, Vle045
Awesome, you're probably the only one so far on the board who applied as many go for the UMPI MAOL or the WGU MSML as that can lead to the WGU MBA after... Anyways, just curious why you selected the NAU MOL vs the ones I just mentioned?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-05-2023, 04:46 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Awesome, you're probably the only one so far on the board who applied as many go for the UMPI MAOL or the WGU MSML as that can lead to the WGU MBA after... Anyways, just curious why you selected the NAU MOL vs the ones I just mentioned?
I really liked the price at $3200 for a 6month subscription. I didn't want to wait until January to start. UMPI wanted me to wait a session in order to start. I really dislike accounting so I didn't want to go for the MBA. I like that it is a CBE program and I get to work at my own pace. I was really interested in WGU but wanted to attend a school that had a BM campus. I may still attend WGU in the future for their MHA.

(11-05-2023, 04:32 PM)Jonathan Whatley Wrote: The NAU CBE MOL is brand new for 2023-24, so you're pioneering it. Please keep us posted. Congratulations and good luck!

Thank you. I will keep everyone posted on how it goes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ebroady23's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
I tried out NAU a while back. They were really nice people. I liked that they gave 10 days before you had to pay and you could start on any Wednesday. If you withdrew from classes in the 10 day window, there was no charge and you can select a new start date. (You do not keep your progress when you do that). I ended up not going through with it. It was a second bachelors and I decided it wasn’t really worth it. They don’t transfer enough credits. It will be interesting to hear how the new MAOL goes.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
Can you pursue two degrees with the same subscription? It would be a busy 6 months, but it's hard to argue with getting the MOL and CIT master for $3200. That this is a six month (26 week) subscription, as opposed to the typical 7/8 week term or 14-16 week semester used in distance programs, makes doubling up feasible.
I don't think they'll let you have any other degrees at the same time, for Personalized Learning, as they restrict the number of courses you can take each session. You can always make sure by asking them directly when applying.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Is this one?

https://nau.edu/construction-management/...ip-master/

Organizational Leadership, Master
Available Emphasis Areas:
Leadership in Criminal Justice Administration - Emphasis
Organizational Leadership - Emphasis
Project Management - Emphasis

Which emphasis are you following?
(11-07-2023, 03:18 PM)MrPanda Wrote: Is this one?

https://nau.edu/construction-management/...ip-master/

Organizational Leadership, Master
Available Emphasis Areas:
Leadership in Criminal Justice Administration - Emphasis
Organizational Leadership - Emphasis
Project Management - Emphasis

Which emphasis are you following?

NAU has two different programs awarding a Master of Organizational Leadership (MOL).
If a student is interested in completing credit in the CBE Personalized Learning modality then transferring into the non-CBE program to complete an emphasis in the more traditional modality, that might or might not be possible. You'd have to inquire with NAU.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LLB degree for Australia Atoshi 16 654 04-23-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU - Exploring Degree Options with Tuition Assistance Lightorb333 8 319 04-20-2024, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Lightorb333
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 16,224 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
Question Cheapest online master's degree in *anything?* profstudent 26 5,024 02-18-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: ITdegree
  British Master’s degree for £1,950 armado 23 4,088 02-17-2024, 01:55 AM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  NAU is ending their PL MOL degree Ebroady23 5 864 01-19-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: kai1120
Thumbs Up Will graduate schools in the United States and abroad accept an online college degree shoron 47 6,695 01-15-2024, 11:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Seeking affordable online interior design degree lumina 12 1,322 12-14-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  NAU Personalized Learning Master of Organizational Leadership Jonathan Whatley 11 1,629 12-14-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Cheapest online masters degree under 12 months Sdmj33 30 9,306 12-02-2023, 05:00 PM
Last Post: ecdw94