Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NCCSR/TESC Grading question
I emailed/called TESC for a more specific answer but wont hear back form them until monday.

Does anyone know how TESC handles NCCSR exams for transfer?

Are they pass/fail or will TESC transfer it as a letter grade?

I got a 72% for business law and ethics through saylor.org/NCCSR and am just wondering if that suffices or a C-is too loo low

Thanks
MN456 Wrote:I emailed/called TESC for a more specific answer but wont hear back form them until monday.

Does anyone know how TESC handles NCCSR exams for transfer?

Are they pass/fail or will TESC transfer it as a letter grade?

I got a 72% for business law and ethics through saylor.org/NCCSR and am just wondering if that suffices or a C-is too loo low

Thanks

Can you offer any advice on the exam? Was it similar to the practice exam and quizes? I'm about to start these courses myself.

TESC will assign it as a pass/fail since it is transfer credit.

My email to Saylor from a few months ago:
I am very excited to see some courses are approved by NCCRS for credit.
Can you please tell me what percentage and number of questions answered correctly are required for the approved courses so far?

BUS205: Business Law and Ethics
BUS210: Corporate Communication
POLSC201: Introduction to Western Political Thought

Their answer:
For the NCCRS recommended courses, as with our other courses, you will need to score a 70% on the exam in order to pass. As these exams are all 50 questions, that would mean you need to get at least 35 questions correct.

HTH
Thank you so much for letting me know Mike. Did you ask TESC the same question? I'm worried that even though its okay for Saylor, they may require a higher grade.

The exam was similar in format to the practice exam and covered a lot of the same material, but literally no question that I can remember was a clone of the practice exam. They were usually questions based on the same subject (i.e. tort of negligence) but in a different style. So say the practice test asked "which of the following does not apply to the tort of negligence" the real test will ask "which of the following do apply to the tort of negligence"

so if you know all the subjects really well, you will do fine. But it's not a super easy test by any means. I studied hard and only got a 72.

Another thing I noticed about the test was that it followed the natural flow of the units. So first were basic questions about the US law system, then trials and courts, then property, etc. So if there is a unit you feel weak on, I wouldn't gloss over it due to the fact that at least 3 questions will be based on that unit.

I made a quizlet list of flash cards here to help with my studying

business saylor law ethics flashcards | Quizlet

It's not comprehensive by any means, but it does have a lot of key terms and some ideas. Hope that helps. Smile
MN456 Wrote:Thank you so much for letting me know Mike. Did you ask TESC the same question? I'm worried that even though its okay for Saylor, they may require a higher grade.

The exam was similar in format to the practice exam and covered a lot of the same material, but literally no question that I can remember was a clone of the practice exam. They were usually questions based on the same subject (i.e. tort of negligence) but in a different style. So say the practice test asked "which of the following does not apply to the tort of negligence" the real test will ask "which of the following do apply to the tort of negligence"

so if you know all the subjects really well, you will do fine. But it's not a super easy test by any means. I studied hard and only got a 72.

Another thing I noticed about the test was that it followed the natural flow of the units. So first were basic questions about the US law system, then trials and courts, then property, etc. So if there is a unit you feel weak on, I wouldn't gloss over it due to the fact that at least 3 questions will be based on that unit.

I made a quizlet list of flash cards here to help with my studying

business saylor law ethics flashcards | Quizlet

It's not comprehensive by any means, but it does have a lot of key terms and some ideas. Hope that helps. Smile

Can you send more light in the exam? How did the proctoring situation work out? Is it timed and online?
Texas A&M - Commerce - BAAS summer 2023
California Coast University - BSBA 2008

Was the exam multiple choice, true false?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,392 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  GPA Question mysonx3 10 2,619 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,717 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Equivalency Question dexter1326 4 1,958 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU Course equivalency question. jbwyo 6 1,968 08-10-2018, 11:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,795 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,588 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Replacing LL with UL duplicate course question (COSC) ReyMysterioso 6 1,997 07-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC transfer question Paramedic12 8 1,940 06-29-2018, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Tedium