Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BS in CS help?
Does anyone know how to do a spreadsheet to see what's classes are needed for a bachelors in computer science? From TESU? New to this, could really use the help. Thanks so much
I'm attaching my transcript.

Attached Files
.pdf   uvu transcript.pdf (Size: 679.18 KB / Downloads: 11)
TESU doesn't have a BS in CS, but it does have a BA (Bachelor of Arts) in CS.

Sorry, I can't really help with the spreadsheet, but I'm sure other people on this forum could.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
(03-13-2019, 03:16 PM)JeniMCha Wrote: Does anyone know how to do a spreadsheet to see what's classes are needed for a bachelors in computer science? From TESU? New to this, could really use the help. Thanks so much
I'm attaching my transcript.

Can you confirm the degree?

TESU has:

Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity

Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science

BSBA in Computer Information Systems

But they don't have a bachelor's of science in computer science. (In your subject line is says 'BS', so I just want to make sure). Other schools do have BS in Computer Science options and they are different.

I'm guessing that you're going for the BA in Computer Science. It's easy to find some upper-level classes at Study.com. Upper-level courses are a big concern for computer science options. Davar has an upper level MIS that can be used for a computer science elective. Saylor.org will help you to fulfill some of the lower level requirements. If you're close to a DSST testing center, there is an upper level test for one computer science class. TECEP has one exam (I think it's similar to the DSST course). Between those options, you'll be well on your way, but you'll hit a wall when you get to the data structures requirement. There is no known option, but rumors on this forum allege that one is coming soon.

More details here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...r-Level-UL
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
You could do a community college course online for data structures, but it is costly.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
Sorry, yes, Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science
(03-13-2019, 03:35 PM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: You could do a community college course online for data structures, but it is costly.

You might be able to make a case for PLA using the Data Structures course from Saylor.org, but it's too risky, I think.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)