Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NationsU
(05-06-2018, 04:30 PM)rlw74 Wrote: I hit a bit of mental burnout over the last month. I guess its normal, considering I'm trying to study at night after the kids are in bed, and that makes for late nights. Aside from a 4 month break between TESU and Nations, I've been at this since January of last year. I'm also trying to decide how I should proceed. Since the tuition is charged annually and its an unlimited number of classes per year, I would love to finish within this first year. However, I have six more courses plus another comprehensive exam, plus a capstone essay. Some of these courses, just because of the amount of reading, are taking more than 4 weeks to finish. I think I might be able to finish if I buckle down, but I'm not sure. If its inevitable that I cannot make it happen by November 9th, I don't need to kill myself now. I could just take my time. BUT, it would just be really nice to finish and be able to graduate in December, instead of waiting until next year.

Sometimes, taking a short break can be enough to get you over that hump.  I'd think about a vacation with the family, to recharge.  It doesn't have to be expensive, even camping or something less expensive would work (although a week at an all-inclusive luxury resort in the Bahamas couldn't hurt either).  Tongue
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Ideas, Muldoon
I applied to NationsU yesterday. Thank you so much for all this great information
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsh1138's post:
  • Ideas
Jsh1138 let me know if you need any pointers or help with the foundation courses. I still have all my notes.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
What a difference just six weeks can make!!! I've felt burned out, exhausted, and discouraged more than I care to admit. However, I've pushed through and accomplished a lot in the last month-and-a-half. I'm writing an essay for the class I'm currently in and then I'll be moving on to my last course!!!

I haven't slept much in the last week - only a few hours a night. I've taken five or six exams and I'm on my sixth essays in the just a week. I'll have one more course exam, three essays, one comprehensive exam and the capstone essay to complete, but I'm fairly certain I'll finish way before my Nov 9th deadline.

I'm really ready to be finished and when I am I plan to take a break, (aside from my own personal study/reading). And even though I didn't celebrate much over my TESU degree, I'm going to plan something to celebrate this one. Maybe a trip with no computer or book in sight!
[-] The following 3 users Like rlw74's post:
  • Ideas, mudball, mzcutie85
Hopefully this isn't presumptuous, but this should be my final post in this particular thread! Today I will submit my last capstone essay and (fingers-crossed) be granted the opportunity to graduate on September 1st!!!

I started my studies on November 10, 2017. All my coursework was finished at the end of June, but I needed to wait for everything to be graded before the final comprehensive exam could be unlocked and I could be given my capstone project essay assignments.

Summation of the program:
12 courses = 36 credits
3 comprehensive proctored exams
Several pre- and post-tests located throughout the program
28 Course Exams
Multiple discussion forum posts throughout some courses
37 papers for a total of 330 pages, 75,899 words total

It was not an easy program but I enjoyed it. I came in with a lot of background knowledge which helped me breeze through some courses more than others. My original goal was to finish 1 course per month, but I'm glad I finished a little earlier. Sleepless nights since December 2016 have been the norm as I first worked through TESU, and now NationsU. I think I'm ready to rest my brain and try to get on a decent sleep schedule after today. I might binge watch some Netflix shows. I was just telling someone I hadn't watched television since December 2016 (except for a few episodes of various shows here and there). They thought I was kidding.

I might get another Masters at some point, but for now I am just going to enjoy this and wait for that piece of paper to adorn my home office wall. It is hard to believe that I did not have anything except an Associates degree until September of last year, and now I will have a Masters in September of this year.
[-] The following 6 users Like rlw74's post:
  • allvia, amilitab4k9, GoodYellowDogs, Ideas, Kima, mednat
(08-01-2018, 01:58 PM)rlw74 Wrote: Hopefully this isn't presumptuous, but this should be my final post in this particular thread! Today I will submit my last capstone essay and (fingers-crossed) be granted the opportunity to graduate on September 1st!!!

I started my studies on November 10, 2017. All my coursework was finished at the end of June, but I needed to wait for everything to be graded before the final comprehensive exam could be unlocked and I could be given my capstone project essay assignments.

Summation of the program:
12 courses = 36 credits
3 comprehensive proctored exams
Several pre- and post-tests located throughout the program
28 Course Exams
Multiple discussion forum posts throughout some courses
37 papers for a total of 330 pages, 75,899 words total

It was not an easy program but I enjoyed it. I came in with a lot of background knowledge which helped me breeze through some courses more than others. My original goal was to finish 1 course per month, but I'm glad I finished a little earlier. Sleepless nights since December 2016 have been the norm as I first worked through TESU, and now NationsU. I think I'm ready to rest my brain and try to get on a decent sleep schedule after today. I might binge watch some Netflix shows. I was just telling someone I hadn't watched television since December 2016 (except for a few episodes of various shows here and there). They thought I was kidding.

I might get another Masters at some point, but for now I am just going to enjoy this and wait for that piece of paper to adorn my home office wall. It is hard to believe that I did not have anything except an Associates degree until September of last year, and now I will have a Masters in September of this year.

That's amazing and inspiring. I'm happy for you. Congrats!
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Woah! That's a big set of writing assignments - 37 papers for a total of 330 pages, 75,899 words total
Congrats! Awesome work! That Nations U degree is something I am going for - but not right now as I am working on some Certifications in Business and IT. Once those are done, I'll most likely be starting that in January 2019.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Congrats! I bet you're happy to have a chance to sleep all night for a change
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NationsU graduate RoyalSpade 4 962 02-20-2021, 02:07 PM
Last Post: StoicJ
  NationsU to Liberty RoyalSpade 3 1,501 01-02-2021, 07:51 PM
Last Post: novamonday
  NationsU Grad Cert in Biblical Studies armstrongsubero 1 1,238 10-14-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  NationsU Progress Thread eriehiker 6 2,498 01-03-2019, 02:38 PM
Last Post: rlw74
  NationsU M.T.S. Journey Ideas 16 4,746 03-20-2018, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Ideas