Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Natural World Courses
I need 2cr to finish off ASNSM SC.  Any suggestions?  I've already taken Environmental Science and Pharmacology.  Intro to computers is falling into the required classes as well.  I would prefer straighterline but am open to others.  I think I read one time that there was an Astronomy class that could be taken to fit in here but I couldn't find the thread when looking it up.
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
(06-26-2019, 12:54 PM)darthweezy Wrote: I need 2cr to finish off ASNSM SC.  Any suggestions?  I've already taken Environmental Science and Pharmacology.  Intro to computers is falling into the required classes as well.  I would prefer straighterline but am open to others.  I think I read one time that there was an Astronomy class that could be taken to fit in here but I couldn't find the thread when looking it up.
Yeah astronomy would work just fine. They have it on onlinedegree.com, InstantCert credit(brand new), and probably other sources. Study.com also has tons of options in physical sciences/natural sciences.
What's your priority: speed/ease or price?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(06-26-2019, 01:04 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(06-26-2019, 12:54 PM)darthweezy Wrote: I need 2cr to finish off ASNSM SC.  Any suggestions?  I've already taken Environmental Science and Pharmacology.  Intro to computers is falling into the required classes as well.  I would prefer straighterline but am open to others.  I think I read one time that there was an Astronomy class that could be taken to fit in here but I couldn't find the thread when looking it up.
Yeah astronomy would work just fine. They have it on onlinedegree.com, InstantCert credit(brand new), and probably other sources. Study.com also has tons of options in physical sciences/natural sciences.
What's your priority: speed/ease or price?

Speed and easy would be preferable.  I really don't like the idea of anything with a lab.
I highly recommend OnlineDegree.com's Astronomy. Other Astronomy options I know of are DSST, InstantCert and Study.com
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(06-26-2019, 01:47 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: I highly recommend OnlineDegree.com's Astronomy. Other Astronomy options I know of are DSST, InstantCert and Study.com

Isn't Onlinedegree.com the one where you'd have to watch a ton of videos?  If it's anything like the Python class that class is a hard pass for me.  The price is great but I'd rather pay a little more and be able to do it quicker.
Since you prefer StraighterLine, they have several courses. The best option from them would be the Nutrition course, it's a perfect match to go along with the Environmental Science. I have that listed on my degree templates, those are the two I placed into the Natural Science requirements.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-26-2019, 02:19 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Since you prefer StraighterLine, they have several courses.  The best option from them would be the Nutrition course, it's a perfect match to go along with the Environmental Science.  I have that listed on my degree templates, those are the two I placed into the Natural Science requirements.

Ahh I didn't think about Nutrition.  Thanks!
@darthweezy - curious what your Pharmacology course came in as in TESU. It says on SL site that it comes in as BIO - 203 but on my eval it says it came in as PHA 101!

I have a call into my advisor because I was banking on that coming in as a BIO class to get another 200 level in my LL AOS.
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
I think Online Degree is quickest. I use the transcripts instead of watching the videos. Some transcripts are better than other though. Their Python course seems much harder than the others (especially if you don't have prior knowledge of Python).

Have you completed the TEEX courses? One of them (I believe Cyber 201) transfers in as CIS-244, which is regarded a Science course.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 388 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,772 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  AWIT Real-world Cloud Product (Coursera) Transfer cizzie 26 3,269 03-17-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,805 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,410 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 547 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,812 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 537 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 309 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77