Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help Staying Motivated
Hi everyone,
I'm brand new to this. Just signed up today. I decided to study for one of my last four courses that I need to finally complete my BS in Business. It's been a very long road for me (8 years). I decided to either CLEP or DSST by taking:
Here's to your health (need a Natural Science)
Western Civ I or II (not sure which one is easier)
Humanities (will cover two courses that I need, but afraid this is hard)

Any tips would help on how to stay motivated and how to remember everything for these types of tests that I've never taken one before.
Thanks,
boston
IC is very helpful for the memory part of it...I do the flashcards over and over until I can get most of them right. Then I take the Peterson Exams and go over any missed questions. After that I take the College Board prep test for the subject. I shoot for about 80 percent of the questions right before I sit the test.

As for the motivation part, that comes right after your first CLEP when it pops your passing score up on the screen! You will feel so great about your accomplishment that you will want to take another, and another and.....! Wink

For specifics on each test I would recommend you go to the Specific Feedback category. There you will find info on each test from those who have taken it, their study tips and other places you can find study helps.

I hope this helps! Happy CLEPing
~Autumn

Master of Arts - Emergency and Disaster Management - Estimated Completion 2014
Bachelor of Science Human Services in Emergency Disaster Services - TESC- December 2009
Culinary Arts Certificate - Boise State University 2002

Education teaches a man to spell experience.Big Grin
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Hey Boston - Welcome!!

You're almost home so don't give up now; 8 years is just a brief walk for some of us here that are finishing or finished degrees after 20-30 years so damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
How about Analyzing and Interpreting Literature instead of Humanities. Most people don't study and its pretty easy. Either you know it or you don't. Good Luck!!
TESC BA Social Sciences (Completed Feb 09)
Up next: Masters In Education/Adult Education and Training
25 Fema Credits -done Big Grin
Cleps taken:
Human Growth & Dev - passed
Intro to Ed Psych - passed
Sociology - passed
Analyz & Int Lit-passed
English w/essay-passed
Princ of Acct-passed Smile
Organizational Behavior-passed
Intro to Computing-passed
Ethics in America DSST-passed