Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need SL Course Info
Hello All,

Can't seem to find what I am looking for using search so I guess I will post another thread. I am sure there is probably a ton of posts about this but I am planning on starting SL tonight. I plan on signing up for the Financial Accounting (Intermediate Accounting I) course from them tonight. I don't think there will be any issues with it. My goal is to have this course done in a week or less so next payday I can purchase Managerial Accounting and World Religions and be done with SL (maybe). I know I can find the syllabus for the courses which I did but my questions are

1. Are you only allowed 1 attempt at each chapter test or can you take it more times
2. For the three courses listed are any of them open book finals?
3. Do I have to wait until I finish all the assignments/midterm before I schedule my Final Exam? I'd like to schedule my final for this Sunday so I would be signing up for that tonight or tomorrow to give the three day window.
4. Is there assignments/objective type things inside the course that need to be completed before it lets you take the graded assignments? I am mostly asking this question for Financial Accounting as I should be able to plow right through all these tests with no problem at all.
5. Can you schedule and take multiple finals on the same day? (I.E. - Managerial Accounting/World Religions)
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
1. As I recall you can retake the first test, but not the others.
2. The accounting are all open book. Online Exam Proctoring Details by Course | StraighterLine
3. You can schedule the finals whenever you want since you're doing it via ProctorU - you just need to be done with everything prior to taking it.
4. My son is about to take accounting this month so I don't have the answer to this one, sorry.
5. You can take as many finals as you can schedule via ProctorU. They are scheduled as 2 hour finals but most of them my son only spent an hour on.

Synicaal Wrote:Hello All,

Can't seem to find what I am looking for using search so I guess I will post another thread. I am sure there is probably a ton of posts about this but I am planning on starting SL tonight. I plan on signing up for the Financial Accounting (Intermediate Accounting I) course from them tonight. I don't think there will be any issues with it. My goal is to have this course done in a week or less so next payday I can purchase Managerial Accounting and World Religions and be done with SL (maybe). I know I can find the syllabus for the courses which I did but my questions are

1. Are you only allowed 1 attempt at each chapter test or can you take it more times
2. For the three courses listed are any of them open book finals?
3. Do I have to wait until I finish all the assignments/midterm before I schedule my Final Exam? I'd like to schedule my final for this Sunday so I would be signing up for that tonight or tomorrow to give the three day window.
4. Is there assignments/objective type things inside the course that need to be completed before it lets you take the graded assignments? I am mostly asking this question for Financial Accounting as I should be able to plow right through all these tests with no problem at all.
5. Can you schedule and take multiple finals on the same day? (I.E. - Managerial Accounting/World Religions)
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
I don't believe it requires doing any of the assignments the main thing is to just make sure to get the material down because what I've read is if you take the managerial accounting through straighterline its going to require you to know the basics well as its shorter time limits and going to be more detailed than the accounting 1 and 2 required for the first two accounting classes for TESU.

Four Chapter exams, one midterm one final if I remember right is all you have to do. Any recommended assignments are just for your knowledge.
Also helpful:

Financial Accounting: 4 exams and midterm open book unproctored = 750 points. You only need 700 to pass the course, which you can achieve before you take the final. The final is worth 250.

Managerial Accounting: 4 exams and midterm open book unproctored = 700 points. You only need 700 to pass the course, which you can possibly achieve before you take the final. The final is worth 300

Religion: 4 exams and midterm open book unproctored = 750 points. You only need 700 to pass the course, which you can achieve before you take the final. The final is worth 250.
New Question

Once I complete a course and pass, how do I request they send it to TESU is it automatic or is there something I need to do. I plan on sending the SL courses over to ACE anyways as I will need to send in another ACE transcript(unfortunately) but I wouldn't mind seeing each course go up on my eval one by one, it will just be a sense of progress I really need right now.

Also grading has changed at least on the Financial Accounting/Int Acc I course I am taking its is now

Exam 1 - 150
Exam 2 - 150
Midterm - 200
Exam 3 - 150
Exam 4 - 150
Final - 200

you can now get 800 points before taking the final.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  conflicting info about TADA ending date any4yeardegree 12 917 09-20-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How long does it take TESU to get the info to update? CHken92 6 1,059 05-21-2022, 03:14 PM
Last Post: CHken92
  Info on coursera? Insert Name 12 1,775 02-25-2022, 01:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Info Literacy courses Lacedonia4 3 1,242 06-18-2020, 09:26 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  GOT AN UPDATE ON SAYLORS EXPIRED COURSES/HERE IS THE INFO carsonallen77 7 1,989 02-01-2020, 04:43 PM
Last Post: gams007
  Conflicting info on Study.com Communications 120 zebra cow 3 1,224 12-27-2019, 12:00 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
Tongue Sophia Info technology - Why? SCYankee 4 1,344 12-05-2019, 05:01 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
  How to find out Study.com pricing BEFORE giving all my info MrsBulletPoints 22 14,065 11-11-2018, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Study.com contact info for issue icampy 16 3,630 11-09-2018, 06:46 PM
Last Post: tobyisking
  Need info regarding final exam Systems Analysis & Design (study.com ) mvk 0 896 08-19-2018, 04:53 PM
Last Post: mvk