Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help deciding between the big three.
I originally was going with TESU as it seems most people are going with them also they offer a BSBS in General Managment  however, I've been told COSC is cheaper, and WGU is cheaper and quicker. A quick look at the degrees they offer that I would be interested in are: 

WGU https://www.wgu.edu/online-business-degr...ogram.html

and 

COSC https://www.charteroak.edu/business-administration/ with a concentration on project management

I'm looking for the degree that will benefit me the most. I would like to get a degree in business finance as well. I don't want to just specialize in finance I'd like a separate degree in finance. I see a few accounting concentrations however, I don't see a stand alone degree. 

Furthermore, I'm looking to earn the degree as quickly as possible. I'd like to take as little courses as possible and test out of most credits. 

My main questions are, how do courses differ between this schools? Do they have different credit transfer limits/policies? 

Furthermore, I have no credits as of now and will be starting from scratch. Also if anyone has an excel spreadsheet with the courses/tests you are taking/plan to take I will love you forever if you can share it.
WGU is the cheapest if you can knock out classes with a quickness.
Otherwise, if you want a self-paced fixed-cost program, TESU is the way to go if you're starting from scratch. Their main selling point is that you only need 18 upper-level credits whereas COSC requires 30.

Life happens; you never know if you're gonna have to ease back on classes midway through. Just for the mere aspect of flexibility, I would just go with TESU.

You can't go wrong with any of 'em, but you could spend months trying to pick the "best" option when you could've already started and been a quarter of the way done.

So if you're REALLY still not sure, just freaking pick TESU already. Smile
(05-07-2019, 02:59 PM)kevinmane Wrote: WGU is the cheapest if you can knock out classes with a quickness.
Otherwise, if you want a self-paced fixed-cost program, TESU is the way to go if you're starting from scratch. Their main selling point is that you only need 18 upper-level credits whereas COSC requires 30.

Life happens; you never know if you're gonna have to ease back on classes midway through. Just for the mere aspect of flexibility, I would just go with TESU.

You can't go wrong with any of 'em, but you could spend months trying to pick the "best" option when you could've already started and been a quarter of the way done.

So if you're REALLY still not sure, just freaking pick TESU already. Smile

lololol

Okay how about this. Which of them can I test out of the most credits? If your saying TESU requires less upperlevel credits that is less classes I have to take which = quicker?!
WGU has the most classes you can't test out of, but their classes resemble test outs anyway.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
The big 3 are nearly identical as far as credits you can test out of or bring in from alternative sources. As mentioned, tesu requires less UL credits(18) and COSC requires 30. Also, COSC does require at least 1 lab, but this isn't as hard to find cheap/quick/online as it used to be.

Excelsior is the most expensive option and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone unless they are in one of the military degree programs.(although with a lot of recent changes, tesu might be getting more expensive and less flexible).

If you feel like you can commit to powering through WGU in 1 or 2 terms(6-12 months) at the most, then they would be the best value for money and time. As mentioned, flexibility for when life happens is better if you go with TESU or COSC. Both TESU and COSC require that you take a cornerstone and capstone through them but those are the only courses you should take through them.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • David.Hamad
(05-07-2019, 03:24 PM)MNomadic Wrote: The big 3 are nearly identical as far as credits you can test out of or bring in from alternative sources. As mentioned, tesu requires less UL credits(18) and COSC requires 30. Also, COSC does require at least 1 lab, but this isn't as hard to find cheap/quick/online as it used to be.

Excelsior is the most expensive option and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone unless they are in one of the military degree programs.(although with a lot of recent changes, tesu might be getting more expensive and less flexible).

If you feel like you can commit to powering through WGU in 1 or 2 terms(6-12 months) at the most, then they would be the best value for money and time. As mentioned, flexibility for when life happens is better if you go with TESU or COSC. Both TESU and COSC require that you take a cornerstone and capstone through them but those are the only courses you should take through them. 

I honestly Don't want to be in a situation where I had to take a break this month and got screwed into having to pay for another semester. So I'm trying to stay away from WGU. Say money was not a huge factor, then it would make sense to go with TESU because I would effectively require 4 less classes than COSC which is at least a months time amirite?
Do you already have a bunch of credits? Why are you saying that COSC would require 4 additional classes for you?
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(05-07-2019, 03:35 PM)David.Hamad Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 03:24 PM)MNomadic Wrote: The big 3 are nearly identical as far as credits you can test out of or bring in from alternative sources. As mentioned, tesu requires less UL credits(18) and COSC requires 30. Also, COSC does require at least 1 lab, but this isn't as hard to find cheap/quick/online as it used to be.

I honestly Don't want to be in a situation where I had to take a break this month and got screwed into having to pay for another semester. So I'm trying to stay away from WGU. Say money was not a huge factor, then it would make sense to go with TESU because I would effectively require 4 less classes than COSC which is at least a months time amirite?
Both CoSC and tesu require the same amount of credits(120) which is approximately the same as every other legit bachelor's program(save for a few specialty degrees that aren't relevant to the discussion). So you're not saving yourself from more classes by going with TESU. It's just the type of classes. In general, LL are cheaper, easier, quicker and easier to find than UL courses which is why it's mentioned that TESU is preferred for that reason. However, honestly between study.com and a few of the more business oriented course providers, finding UL courses isn't as big of a deal anymore.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
(05-07-2019, 03:53 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 03:35 PM)David.Hamad Wrote:

Both CoSC and tesu require the same amount of credits(120) which is approximately the same as every other legit bachelor's program(save for a few specialty degrees that aren't relevant to the discussion). So you're not saving yourself from more classes by going with TESU. It's just the type of classes. In general, LL are cheaper, easier, quicker and easier to find than UL courses which is why it's mentioned that TESU is preferred for that reason. However, honestly between study.com and a few of the more business oriented course providers, finding UL courses isn't as big of a deal anymore.

Alright I'll probably be going with COSC then. I'm working on a plan right now.
Sounds good

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)