Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help making a new spreadsheet
Hello everyone.  My friend is working away at his degree, but we neglected to lock in the study.com cornerstone waiver in time so now he is going to have to take the cornerstone.  Unfortunately this means the spreadsheet i've been working from is now obsolete.  He is going for a BSBA at Thomas Edison in General Management.  I'm not sure where the Cornerstone fits and how that alters the plan.  Can anyone put this into a new spreadsheet ?  He has a preference for SDC but I am going to try to have him complete a few courses thru Davar Academy to change it up a bit, unless anyone has any reservations about using that platform.  

He has the following courses done.

English Composition I SL
English Composition II SL
Intro to Communication SL
College Algebra SDC
World Religions SDC
Intro to Sociology SL
Business Ethics SL
US History I SL
US History II SL
Intro to Criminal Justice SL
Western Civilization I SL
Western Civilization II SL
Intro to Psychology SL
Introduction to Political Science SDC
Cyber Security for Everyone TEEX
Cyber Security for IT Professionals TEEX
Cyber Security for Business Professionals TEEX
Essentials of Conflict Management Sophia
Principles of Finance SDC
Principles of Managment SDC
Macroeconomics SL
Microeconomics SL
Organizational Behaviour SL

Attached Files
.xlsx   themage1028 TESU BSBA GenMan.xlsx (Size: 13.5 KB / Downloads: 17)
The Cornerstone is only a one credit course.  Having to add it doesn't really alter your plan at all.  When it is waived it adds an additional 1 credit need in the Gen Eds, that is all.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

What exactly is the study.com cornerstone waiver? Could someone explain? I am currently enrolled with SDC to complete some psychology courses. How can I avail of the cornerstone waiver?
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(09-29-2018, 08:16 AM)Supermind Wrote: What exactly is the study.com cornerstone waiver? Could someone explain? I am currently enrolled with SDC to complete some psychology courses. How can I avail of the cornerstone waiver?

It no longer exists.  You cannot get the TESU Cornerstone course waived; at least until July 2019, when it will be replaced with a more expensive 3 credit requirement  - see this thread on that: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...e-Deadline
Amberton University

The plan is not obsolete, so I wouldn't panic. I would have him take the cornerstone ASAP, to lock that in. At least before July of 2019. Which means registering for it early, since TESU treats it (and TECEP's) like normal courses. I would register in January or so in order to get that done.

I would also double-check to make sure that TESU is still counting SL's Org Behavior and Managerial Accounting courses as UL - easier to do by enrolling and taking the cornerstone. If they decide to downgrade those courses, they could do it retroactively. Which means he/she needs to get it on their eval sooner rather than later.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Org Behavior was downgraded earlier this year to LL per various posts on here
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(09-29-2018, 02:27 PM)dfrecore Wrote: The plan is not obsolete, so I wouldn't panic.  I would have him take the cornerstone ASAP, to lock that in.  At least before July of 2019.  Which means registering for it early, since TESU treats it (and TECEP's) like normal courses.  I would register in January or so in order to get that done.

I would also double-check to make sure that TESU is still counting SL's Org Behavior and Managerial Accounting courses as UL - easier to do by enrolling and taking the cornerstone.  If they decide to downgrade those courses, they could do it retroactively.  Which means he/she needs to get it on their eval sooner rather than later.

SL's Org Behavior is now LL at TESU,  SL's Managerial Accounting - ACC150 comes into TESU as Cost Accounting - ACC-303 (UL) and is the last UL SL transfer for TESU: https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/...uivalency/

You can still use the SL Org Behavior in the AOS, just be aware that it will not count towards the UL credits needed.  I ended up taking a closer look at you sheet, and although a 'good plan' is not effected by the added cornerstone you have some other issues on the sheet that I see...

Remove Saylor Business Statistics from your AOS options - it won't work in the AOS.  You can use it to meet the Statistics requirement however, but it looks like you have SL planned for that.

Like that you have other courses listed as options for the AOS that although needed for the BSBA Core requirement you're also listing as AOS options, such as; BUS 314: Employment Law, Corporate Communication/Managerial Communications and FIN 101: Principles of Finance - these will not work in the AOS 

I'm pretty sure these also do not work in the AOS BUS303: Strategic Info Tech, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Logistics & Supply Chain Management or Labor Relations - someone correct me if I'm wrong.  

You have so many options listed it is unclear to me what the plan is, so I could have missed a few others that I've seen being stated that TESU will not place them in the AOS - I would focus on UL for the AOS and just double check here if they work and are still counting as UL with TESU prior to taking them.
Amberton University

(09-29-2018, 03:08 PM)allvia Wrote: You can still use the SL Org Behavior in the AOS, just be aware that it will not count towards the UL credits needed.  I ended up taking a closer look at you sheet, and although a 'good plan' is not effected by the added cornerstone you have some other issues on the sheet that I see...

Remove Saylor Business Statistics from your AOS options - it won't work in the AOS.  You can use it to meet the Statistics requirement however, but it looks like you have SL planned for that.

Like that you have other courses listed as options for the AOS that although needed for the BSBA Core requirement you're also listing as AOS options, such as; BUS 314: Employment Law, Corporate Communication/Managerial Communications and FIN 101: Principles of Finance - these will not work in the AOS 

I'm pretty sure these also do not work in the AOS BUS303: Strategic Info Tech, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Logistics & Supply Chain Management or Labor Relations - someone correct me if I'm wrong.  

You have so many options listed it is unclear to me what the plan is, so I could have missed a few others that I've seen being stated that TESU will not place them in the AOS - I would focus on UL for the AOS and just double check here if they work and are still counting as UL with TESU prior to taking them.

This is from my spreadsheet listing all of the options for the different areas as there were available at one point in time - but I don't know when that was. So things WILL have changed since then, especially any downgrading of courses at SL, DSST, Study.com, etc.

Regarding the specific courses mentioned (above):
Saylor's Business Stats used to come in as OPM-351, I don't know if it still does.  If it does, then it can be used in the MAN AOS as an UL course
Employment Law is not the same as Business Law, and can be used in the AOS
Corporate Comm/Managerial Comm - there are a bunch of options that can be used in addition to the core, mostly UL
Prin of Finance can be used separate from the core, if the one in the core is LL, and the one in the FIN AOS is UL - if you take Prin of Finance from Study.com, that's considered LL, not UL as you have listed.  Fine to keep in the core

Others I can see:
Study.com's Prin of Mgmt has been downgraded to MAN0201, but I don't know when you took it and how that will come in
SL/Study.com's Business Comm comes in as LL now
Prin of Marketing also mostly comes in as LL depending on where you take it

Probably more changes - so it's always best to double-check before taking the UL courses in the AOS - make sure they're UL before you take them.  You'll need 4 of them.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • allvia

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help making Degree Plan. erth2rue 4 394 02-07-2024, 02:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BA in History & Political Science with Minors Spreadsheet PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 11 1,606 04-26-2023, 10:17 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Help making a degree plan!! madiknune 47 3,869 04-15-2022, 06:06 PM
Last Post: madiknune
  UMPI BA Business Administration with Project Management spreadsheet path_seeker 20 3,529 03-03-2022, 10:49 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Spreadsheet of courses from affordable credit sources? alexhurts 3 840 08-12-2020, 04:17 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Help desperately needed w/ picking a school and making a plan. Any help appreciated!! sharsharky 14 2,760 03-15-2019, 02:59 PM
Last Post: natshar
  TESU Spreadsheet for Accounting FishNDip 6 2,054 03-07-2019, 01:54 PM
Last Post: FishNDip