Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with Degree Planning
(12-13-2022, 02:26 AM)rachel83az Wrote: In order to be fully enrolled and stay fully enrolled, it is important to take a class directly from TESU or to pay for a TECEP approximately every 12 months. You do not have to take the TECEP. It is only to obtain/maintain full enrollment. The cheapest way to do this is to pay for the 1-credit Medical Terminology TECEP for $52.

Without taking a class or paying for a TECEP, you will remain in applicant status. You will only get 2 transcript evaluations before they put your transcripts on hold. If you sent in foreign transcripts, you've already used up at least one evaluation. I would strongly suggest paying for the TECEP so that you can send your Credly credits as-needed. I usually recommend every 1-2 months, depending on how fast you complete classes.

So I enrolled in Medical Terminology - 1 Credit but this starts in Jan 2023, Can I send in transcripts before I start the class or until then am I just an applicant?
(12-14-2022, 01:17 PM)User7364 Wrote: So I enrolled in Medical Terminology - 1 Credit but this starts in Jan 2023, Can I send in transcripts before I start the class or until then am I just an applicant?

You can definitely start sending in transcripts now. They might not be evaluated until the 15th or so, but TESU will evaluate them as soon as you're considered to be fully enrolled.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
User7364 Wrote:Hello, thank you for taking the time to respond. Yes I am from Alberta. I will follow your advice. 

I was just wondering, can I just take my time and keep sending transcripts to TESU? Will they not care if I don’t enroll myself into anything for a while?

@User7364, BTW, which city are you in? Skip the high school or GED, you don't need it for conditional acceptance and it's a waste of your time doing either of those, many colleges/universities have their own rules for admitting students. You should continue on the Sophia.org and Study.com combo I mentioned.

Send in what your currently have for transcripts, I think it's just that 1 ACCT 250 course, correct? Do you have anything else? I suggest working on your Sophia.org courses and send them in month by month instead of completing one course and sending that one course in... You are considered enrolled when you have the TECEP added to your course list.

I have homework for you, complete a spreadsheet and copy the link to your google drive or one drive, make it viewable but not editable. You can review the WIKI links for the TESU BSBA and for the AOS, you can decide later. I still think the CIS is your best option as you are into CS/IT. You can add another Finance AOS or chose the Finance cert instead...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-18-2022, 01:32 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
User7364 Wrote:Hello, thank you for taking the time to respond. Yes I am from Alberta. I will follow your advice. 

I was just wondering, can I just take my time and keep sending transcripts to TESU? Will they not care if I don’t enroll myself into anything for a while?

@User7364, BTW, which city are you in?  Skip the high school or GED, you don't need it for conditional acceptance and it's a waste of your time doing either of those, many colleges/universities have their own rules for admitting students.  You should continue on the Sophia.org and Study.com combo I mentioned.

Send in what your currently have for transcripts, I think it's just that 1 ACCT 250 course, correct? Do you have anything else?  I suggest working on your Sophia.org courses and send them in month by month instead of completing one course and sending that one course in...  You are considered enrolled when you have the TECEP added to your course list.

I have homework for you, complete a spreadsheet and copy the link to your google drive or one drive, make it viewable but not editable.  You can review the WIKI links for the TESU BSBA and for the AOS, you can decide later.  I still think the CIS is your best option as you are into CS/IT.  You can add another Finance AOS or chose the Finance cert instead...

I have already started on this, here is my current plan which is the base of my degree. Please review it and see if the courses would work. I know I have a few missing courses that I need to fill in. All the greens are the ones I have completed. I am based in Calgary, Alberta.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...mIwLo0TT8/
I recommended doing study.com first--work with your advisor to see which courses will transfer, and then knock those out quickly. This will get you a huge head start and help you find the motivation to finish!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  134 Credits But No Degree! Please Help Me Make Something Useful Out All These Credits CreativeLearner 8 194 Yesterday, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 7 187 04-24-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 172 04-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,880 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 232 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,622 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 231 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 648 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,245 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 266 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az