Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need school like ASU Universal Learner Program
Hi. I have 20 days to complete one or 2 courses. I need A's to boost my GPA. Arizona State University's Universal Learners program that is self paced is good but offers too difficult courses. My budget for each course is relatively unlimited. Anyone have any tips or ideas?
If you only have 20 days, you're a tad bit stuck. You could take TEL Learner classes, but those are going to take more than 20 days (there are 2 proctored exams and multiple papers).

BYU has a number of independent study courses, but I'm not sure if they can be completed in 20 days. https://is.byu.edu/

Why the rush?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
(08-07-2023, 03:36 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you only have 20 days, you're a tad bit stuck. You could take TEL Learner classes, but those are going to take more than 20 days (there are 2 proctored exams and multiple papers).

BYU has a number of independent study courses, but I'm not sure if they can be completed in 20 days. https://is.byu.edu/

Why the rush?

Thank you for your response. The reason for my rush is kind of a specific one. I am currently an enrolled student at an on campus state college. However, I want to transfer to a different college for the spring semester but want a slightly better GPA to improve my chances (I have a 2.8 and would like as close to a 3). However the priority application deadline for the spring semester is Nov 1st, which is before the end of the fall semester meaning my fall semester grades won't be taken into account for my transfer GPA. The reason I need credits in 20 days, is because I am going back to school in 20 days, and my college has strict credit limits (Can't take less than 12 credits a semester to be a full time student and no more than 18 credits). I am already going to take an 8 week ASU course, giving me 3 credits, but would like to take more courses.
(08-07-2023, 12:47 PM)aetosdios Wrote: Thank you for your response. The reason for my rush is kind of a specific one. I am currently an enrolled student at an on campus state college. However, I want to transfer to a different college for the spring semester but want a slightly better GPA to improve my chances (I have a 2.8 and would like as close to a 3). However the priority application deadline for the spring semester is Nov 1st, which is before the end of the fall semester meaning my fall semester grades won't be taken into account for my transfer GPA. The reason I need credits in 20 days, is because I am going back to school in 20 days, and my college has strict credit limits (Can't take less than 12 credits a semester to be a full time student and no more than 18 credits). I am already going to take an 8 week ASU course, giving me 3 credits, but would like to take more courses.

Just because the application deadline is Nov 1st doesn't mean they couldn't accept a transcript after that. I'd definitely discuss this with admissions at the new school.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • indigoshuffle
(08-07-2023, 03:36 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you only have 20 days, you're a tad bit stuck. You could take TEL Learner classes, but those are going to take more than 20 days (there are 2 proctored exams and multiple papers).

Why the rush?

I also think BYU is crazy expensive for an online class. You get a discount if you're a member of their church tho. 20 days is a tight time frame.
You're going to have trouble finding courses that are just 3 weeks or shorter, I would check the WIKI for obscure courses and see if anything pops up. You may also want to see if there are self paced courses on ASU UL that interest you, for some classes, it may be an easier course even though it may have assignments/assessments, if the course interests you, you can try to finish that faster.

Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sources_of_Credit
Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Obscure_Credits
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Are you trying to get into a prestigious school? I don’t think a 2.8 will prevent you from transferring to most schools. Have you talked to anyone in admissions? They may be able to ease your mind.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
Most schools with a deadline of Nov will want to know what courses are in progress, and you'll have to send your grades after the end of the semester anyway. So those will also be counted in your GPA, just a bit later.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
You didn't say what classes were too difficult or why, which would be helpful in suggesting different options.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 711 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,768 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 256 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 683 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Canada's Newest Medical School - Opening 2026 at SFU bjcheung77 1 351 11-01-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Brown Medical School withdraws from U.S. News rankings allvia 2 464 10-30-2023, 09:51 PM
  How Technology Shapes Ideas - University of Chicago Graham School Charles Fout 0 272 09-15-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  ACSOM - Caribbean Medical School (New!) bjcheung77 9 1,164 09-05-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UK equivalent of high school diploma axa 8 4,824 09-01-2023, 08:13 PM
  High School online from the UK | 9 months, A Levels equivalent in the US elcastor21 7 708 08-26-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: elcastor21