Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to get a Communication course for 3 credits
I am looking for advice on where to get the best/cheapest 3 credit college communication 101 course? I was looking at the Straighterline but I see there are other options as well so I am looking for advice.
Is this a public speaking course? Or just communication in general? Do you have a particular school you want to transfer these to?

SL is $99/mo plus the course, Intro to Comm is $74. If you're already taking courses through SL, then the cost per course goes down as that $99 is split between multiple courses. Plus, you may be able to find coupons.

Study.com also has a 2cr Public Speaking course. They charge $199/mo, but that includes 2 courses with exams.

DSST also has a Public Speaking exam for $80 + testing fees.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
If Straighterline Intro to Communication will transfer and suit your needs, it is the best option that I know of.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
topdog98 Wrote:If Straighterline Intro to Communication will transfer and suit your needs, it is the best option that I know of.

Personally IMO, If you need a public speaking class, I found SL to be the simplest way to get it done.
I finished this class in less than 2 weeks. only because i had to wait for the videos to get reviewed. If it wasnt for that, it would have been done sooner.

There is also a Managerial Communications class with SL that actually counts as UL credit at TESU if that is what you may need?
Thank you for your opinions. I just need a general comm course like straighterline. Which sounds like that is the best option.

Thanks
I just took Public Speaking from Study.com and had no trouble. I just need to record and send in my speech and I'll be done. I scored very well on the exam. You only need to do one, 5-minute speech for the course, whereas SL requires multiple. It's only 2 credits but TESU is giving me a waiver.
Hello!

We've recently had the Communications 101: Public Speaking course re-evaluated by ACE so that it now contains 3 speeches and is recommended for 3 credits. Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback.

Thank you!

The Study.com Team
Study.com Wrote:Hello!

We've recently had the Communications 101: Public Speaking course re-evaluated by ACE so that it now contains 3 speeches and is recommended for 3 credits. Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback.

Thank you!

The Study.com Team

I was just wondering if this had ever happened - thank you for the update!
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
Study.com Wrote:Hello!

Thank you!

The Study.com Team

If only I saw this before buying the book to do this course through SL Sad
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 168 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 176 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 5,154 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 623 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 593 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 593 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM
  Transfer Sophia.org credits to Penn State World Campus? nomaduser 16 3,071 12-19-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dlynn1219
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 642 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  ACTFL no longer give ACE credits? Kab 16 1,401 08-10-2023, 04:41 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Can your Sophia credits be rejected when applying for a Master? ausernameisneeded 24 4,139 08-03-2023, 05:37 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded