Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Alma - College plans
I've been using New Alma to keep track of my classes. Their information is actually very well organized and it has helped me keep track of the classes that I need to take for the specific degree that I want. Both my daughter and and I are working towards our BS and this is actually the best program I've found that tells me step by step what to do without guessing or having to pay for classes that I don't need. They've done the work for me and made it easier to get started. Just wanted to share this information because it has really helps us a lot. Highly recommended. And no, I am not selling anything. Just sharing. Has anyone used them in the past?
[-] The following 1 user Likes codyandmaria2002's post:
  • !=scholar
Hrm, is this another company that repackages the free information we provide here and sells it for an insane amount? From the description on their site I don't understand what they're offering.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Oh yeah, not cheap either, I created an account and you get to see the degrees (tesu bsba being the first lol) but not the plans without paying 1k

I think this might be an ad to be honest, selling coaching? Ok, but repackaging plans from this forum for 1k........

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
[-] The following 1 user Likes posabsolute's post:
  • jsd
I am torn whether or not to remove the link at least since it is effectively an ad. It is relevant to the forum, but it seems wrong to suggest that people look at that when they can get free coaching and advice here, and if they're nice to dfrecore they can get a degree plan for free as well. There really isn't anything offered by that site that they cannot get here.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • jsd
Remove the link, so we do not boost its search engine ranking, keep the post so that people looking for new alma college plans find this thread, best of both world :p

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
----
----
[-] The following 2 users Like posabsolute's post:
  • jsd, quigongene
(02-16-2019, 06:20 PM)posabsolute Wrote: Remove the link, so we do not boost its search engine ranking, keep the post so that people looking for new alma college plans find this thread, best of both world :p

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Anyone who is seriously interested (doesn't want to work with folks here for free) will be able to look up the site themselves.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I'm somewhat always curious about those, it follows basically all the basic rules you see with Alex Becker and Tai Lopez, just way more sloppy. The marketing site is actually not too bad and follows the same big headlines/get the guy in the process. However, the videos are pretty bad, the member's area isn't great either, it should have at least some free resources, an example plan. Imagine you pay 1k and get an excel sheet, that would be pretty bad!

This forum is one of those outliers, free information, free help, I'm grateful it exist.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
----
----
[-] The following 1 user Likes posabsolute's post:
  • jsd

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,862 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,389 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 9 560 02-17-2024, 01:56 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 549 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 821 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com acquires Enhanced Prep (K-12 tutoring, College Prep Provider) bjcheung77 5 791 03-05-2023, 09:53 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Study.com and Sophia Partner College Transcripts? acamp 17 1,820 02-12-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Fastest/Cheapest way to obtain college credit for CPA License (Massachusetts) Fastestwaytopcpa 1 872 10-18-2022, 11:07 PM
  College Algebra and fast petethejuggler 12 1,466 09-21-2022, 04:12 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com - Can you change plans monthly? StudiousTraveller 9 1,348 05-24-2022, 08:52 PM