Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Study.com psych courses?
Hi,
Is anyone taking psychology courses with study.com with hopes to transfer to TESU?
I noticed two more courses today:

History and systems of psychology:
https://study.com/academy/course/psychol...ology.html

Physiological psychology:
https://study.com/academy/course/psychol...ology.html

They both show that you can take them for credit, but I can't find them on the ACE site yet. Are these new and are just being evaluated? If so this would be great as then they'll be no need to use TOR.
Yeah neither are showing as ACE approved yet, but I hope they do get approval. I was not a fan of Coppersmith (previously Tor, now Tor is a separate company with its own exams).

Hopefully this means they're in the process of getting them approved. These are the two courses I specifically recommended to Study.com, I love how responsive they are to their market.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
When I click on the links, neither show that they are credit-bearing. When I look at all of the college-level psych courses, they also do not have the little green symbol that shows that they're ACE-recommended for credit.

Sorry, but there are lots of non-credit-bearing courses available on Study.com (and Saylor).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
My guess is the confusion comes from fact that the "credit" tab exists, even in non-credit courses.

I'm just hoping they developed this course with future approval in mind.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

jsd Wrote:My guess is the confusion comes from fact that the "credit" tab exists, even in non-credit courses.

I'm just hoping they developed this course with future approval in mind.

It's not new (I don't think it is, I think I've seen it before), but I imagine they are looking at making all of their courses credit-bearing at some point. It would just make sense. If you've already got them out there, you might as well get them working for you.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Study.com has two different types of credit bearing courses. One type is the transferable credit courses that are either ACE or NCCRS recommended for credit. The other type is credit by exam where the course can be used as study material for the applicable exam such as DSST, CLEP, TECEP, ECE or other challenge exam. The two new psych courses are currently being listed as credit by exam, not transferable credit. When you click on the credit tab it will give you more details. The website is a bit confusing since it is listed as credit by exam but then directs you to a page about the college accelerator option.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
swalke321 Wrote:Study.com has two different types of credit bearing courses. One type is the transferable credit courses that are either ACE or NCCRS recommended for credit. The other type is credit by exam where the course can be used as study material for the applicable exam such as DSST, CLEP, TECEP, ECE or other challenge exam. The two new psych courses are currently being listed as credit by exam, not transferable credit. When you click on the credit tab it will give you more details. The website is a bit confusing since it is listed as credit by exam but then directs you to a page about the college accelerator option.

ok, so if these courses are credit by exam courses, then which exams do they prep you for? Because that's a good option too.
There are no CLEP, DSST, TECEP, or UExcels for these courses.

Some Study.com courses are just there to help you study material in general. The only known credit-approved exams for these options are still Coppersmith (formerly through Tor Credit), and who knows if these Study.com courses align.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 381 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,325 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,483 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,688 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,797 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 603 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,397 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat