Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New requirements - math & statistics?
I'm going for BSBA-General.
In the old requirements, there was "Quantitative Literacy" (Algebra - had to have) and Mathematics (Statistics).

Now, in the new reqs, math is inside of "Quantitative Literacy," so does that mean we will have two courses there -- Algebra and Statistics?  Or will one of them have to count as general electives?  Will there be a new distribution of the credits (as they did with "Knowledge of Human Cultures"? -- (have to take a humanities course now that I hadn't planned on.)

The BSBA - General Management page isn't updated for the new requirements.

Thanks for any insight.

Ah - I just saw a pdf of a current eval.
It looks like Statistics is moved down with the Professional Business Requirements, along with something called "Quantitative Skills".
So the new reqs have added Quantitative Skills, moved Statistics down, and still requiring Algebra in "Quantitative Literacy" section above.
Does that sound right?
The degree requirements for TESU hasn't change for anything in regards to their Area of Study, they have only changed one major thing, the requirement for General Education/Free Electives. What this means is, for the majority of people, they can take more "junk courses as general education or free electives".

In your example, the BSBA GM, it used only be 6 credits in free electives - now it's 15 credits. Here's the link: https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/Current/...Management

Lastly, to answer your question: No, as per the link and answer above, that requirement didn't change, you just need College Algebra and Statistics. I would take them both at Sophia.org in a month subscription, if you have more energy/time, take extra courses from them during that month to maximize the ROI/Value.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
OK, great -- I hope you're right! Here is the link to the PDF I was referring to that seems to show the extra requirement in the Professional Business Requirements:

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=3665
LOL, OK, so they did just do a change, the Pro Business Requirements were 39 credits before, now it's 42. They did add the Quantitative Skills for Business course. Easy fix, you took the CSM Learn course to hit that mark... cheap/easy/fast course that's just $39 and can be finished in a long weekend... you don't have to worry, but others who are "math phobic" might.

BTW, you have so many credits in the "other field". Did you finish an associates or something? I don't see that in the evaluation, most likely it got cut out. If you don't have an associates already, you should add one or two to it free using all those credits you currently have. I would do so if it doesn't take any extra effort/money/time from you.

Last but not least, are you paying the residency waiver fee or taking the 16 credits? I would decide on that since you're somewhat close to that finish line. I would take the courses if you have the energy/time and have no commitments, if not, then pay the residency waiver fee.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Ha! That is my BSBA evaluation! I am a bad example to directly follow because I am pursuing multiple degrees at TESU and they don't overlap that much. Also, I have taken almost everything at Sophia even though I didn't have to.

I didn't realize that the BSBA had changed that much. Now I'll have to check the wiki to make sure things are correct.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Yes, they changed the major, and moved Stats to the business core, and added BUS-210: Quantitative Skills for Business, which can be done via CSMLearn for $39. MAT-121: College Algebra is still required up in the Quantitative Literacy area, no change there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-26-2021, 02:53 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Ha! That is my BSBA evaluation! I am a bad example to directly follow because I am pursuing multiple degrees at TESU and they don't overlap that much. Also, I have taken almost everything at Sophia even though I didn't have to.

I didn't realize that the BSBA had changed that much. Now I'll have to check the wiki to make sure things are correct.

Yep, thanks for posting it... seems we learned a lot from it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taking Math Courses at TESU legenwait4itdary 5 512 02-02-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Elective requirements Kones 7 481 10-26-2023, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Kones
  Free BA Math TECEPs evenFair23 3 444 08-20-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU degree requirements help based on current catalog evenFair23 42 2,957 08-03-2023, 03:02 PM
  TESU Reducing Credit Hour Residency Requirements from 16 to 15. CanICode 10 1,091 07-02-2023, 06:14 PM
  Foreign (canadian) bachelor's degree does not waive GE requirements? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 12 783 06-11-2023, 11:28 AM
  Pursuing multiple TESU degrees; residency/RA requirements? bruh 8 715 06-11-2023, 03:04 AM
  Testing out of History & Civics and Ethical Leadership requirements? WHOASIS1 6 757 03-31-2023, 09:36 PM
Star Requirements for BA CompSci COMPLETE jsd 22 2,735 03-19-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  RA Credit Requirements for a Second Degree OUStudent 4 811 12-27-2022, 04:42 AM
Last Post: rachel83az