Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie figuring it out need help
So I been reading a lot trying to understand this path and thanks to the great information here I understand much more now but I still have questions.

My goal is to take some CLEP and DENTES and then just use straightener to get more credits and transfer to Charter Oak College. For Bachelor of Science in Business.

Whats the right order?  Should I just take the test first and have the testing center send the scores directly to Charter Oak College even that I'm not enrolled?  Will they keep track regarding the credits if I'm not enrolled?

Or send the CLEP scores for Straightliner to keep them and then transfer all to charter oaks college? 

This is where I'm a bit confused, I only want to take the few courses that I really need in charter oaks as they so expensive. ..

Greatly appreciating any help.
First, it's CLEP, DSST and Straighterline.

Second, you can't send scores to a school that you're not enrolled in. So, you either need to enroll, or wait to send your scores. If you wait, you'll have to pay for a transcript - but it's just one, with all of the tests on it, so it's not too bad.

You can't send your CLEP scores to Straighterline, it's not a school, and it doesn't work that way.

The problem with enrolling at COSC is that you have to pay for each term that you're enrolled - so you don't want to do that until you're close to the end of the degree. Also, you only have to take 2 courses at COSC - the cornerstone, and the capstone. You can take everything else through alternate methods.

Last - why do you want to go through COSC instead of TESU? The reason I ask is that 1) the prices are similar, 2) the degrees are similar, and 3) TESU has a much easier path to the BSBA than COSC - you only need 12cr of UL coursework at TESU, vs. 30cr of UL at COSC. We here on the forum know which courses you can take at TESU to get the degree, while COSC is a little harder, as fewer people on here have gone through the program lately, and we don't have course equivalencies for COSC.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks for the answer, I didn't look into TESU yet but I will now. 

Regarding the CLEPS, they will give me a transcript with all my clep credits once I'm done with the CLEP tests? And I send the original transcripts to the college of choice?  

I didn't know they could send me transcripts, I thought they only send to the college direct and its $20 per send.

Is there a limit for straightliner course with COSC or TESU?
They send a free transcript after you complete each CLEP. Or you can get a transcript that you pay for with everything, or just one exam. If you send the transcripts as you go, then you won't have to do the full transcript at the end.

Yes, but the limit is very high. 90 credits at TESU.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,344 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Need clarification.. Sorry for the newbie questions NoThesis 8 2,005 08-23-2018, 03:22 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Help figuring out TESU degree plan Doula_Jen 15 2,938 05-21-2018, 08:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Newbie seeking advice please AJ127 4 1,676 05-02-2018, 09:23 AM
Last Post: AJ127
  I'm solidly set on TESU BSBA CIS, Any help figuring out options for a double major? camjenks 5 1,511 03-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Last Post: camjenks
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,982 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Big Grin Need help figuring out last 2 courses cali86 6 2,022 08-22-2017, 04:46 PM
Last Post: cali86
  Thankful Newbie with lots of questions! MommaFullofFaith 7 2,091 05-24-2017, 04:29 PM
Last Post: MommaFullofFaith
  Newbie needs advice on TESU degree-- after reading through these boards for days ! BingCherry 12 3,189 02-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Last Post: BingCherry
  Newbie - TESU BA CS and ALEKS question anthony24 0 733 01-12-2017, 03:17 PM
Last Post: anthony24