Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No previous college and wanting a Marketing degree
upgrayedd Wrote:Between Sofia courses, ASU and the Google IT Support cert, I have 55 credits currently. I checked back on the BOG plan page, and apparently I neglected to prioritize 3 other courses I need: Sociology, Intro to IT, Visual Communications. I'm going to try to knock these out by the end of next week. Should I go ahead and apply to Pierpont before I'm finished with those?

You should apply, finish remainder of the credits, send them off to them as it does take time. When you have completed everything, it's a waiting game, so to avoid downtime, continue with your Sophia or other credits you would want to take towards your Bachelors.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I thought I was looking at December, but just found out today Pierpont was able to include me in the August graduation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes upgrayedd's post:
  • allvia
Congrats, college grad!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • upgrayedd
upgrayedd Wrote:I thought I was looking at December, but just found out today Pierpont was able to include me in the August graduation.

Fantastic, now you're set to get more Sophia.org or other courses completed while you decide on your Bachelors. I still suggest the UMPI BAS if not the BLS with a minor or two of your choice, such as MIS or something.

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • upgrayedd
(07-28-2022, 02:52 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Fantastic, now you're set to get more Sophia.org or other courses completed while you decide on your Bachelors.  I still suggest the UMPI BAS if not the BLS with a minor or two of your choice, such as MIS or something.

I wasn't aware you could have two minors. Could you explain further? Thanks
There are discrepancies with each degree you go with at UMPI, there is really no "set" requirement except for 30 credit residency. This is because of the degree requirements and the upper level credits you transfer in differ from each degree you select. UMPI has several Yourpace BA, BABA, BAS, and BLS options... Here are two other examples.

BAS: The student must take at least 30 credits of his/her BAS coursework at UMPI, 12 of which must be in a selected minor and 18 of which must be upper level courses (300-400). These 18 upper level credits taken at UMPI may be taken as part of the GEC, the minor, or as elective credit.  Requirement: 40 "technical credits" are needed to gain entrance into this degree, as an example, a few Coursera, Google, IBM, or ACE options if they are deemed acceptable as IS/IT technical courses.

BLS: There are four components to the degree:
➤ The student must meet the University’s General Education requirements worth 40 credits.
➤ The student must select a minor from offerings in the current UMPI catalog.
➤ A minimum of 24 credits of the electives for the BLS degree must be in the 300-400 level courses.
➤ A minimum of 30 credits of the BLS coursework must be done at UMPI.

For a BAS or BLS minor, each one may already have 6 UL credits of the 18 credits in the minor, there aren't enough UL to cover the 18 in the BAS or 24 in the BLS. Thus, instead of randomly taking credits towards that requirement, you can add a minor or two and in turn, add the UL credits needed.  Here's a sample triple minor spreadsheet link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid365771

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • upgrayedd
Has anyone confirmed how many credits UMPI awards for the Google IT Professional Certificate?
(08-11-2022, 10:40 PM)upgrayedd Wrote: Has anyone confirmed how many credits UMPI awards for the Google IT Professional Certificate?

3 credits for a computer science elective (COS 1XX)
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
[-] The following 2 users Like carrythenothing's post:
  • upgrayedd, vintage_jacket

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 5 120 7 hours ago
Last Post: smartfion
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 597 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,249 04-18-2024, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,975 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 212 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,177 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,310 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM
  Going back to school at 29 for CS with only freshman year of college completed RejuvenationOclock 8 648 04-10-2024, 11:40 PM
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 174 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM
  have ENEB masters, no bachelors or other degree? Times 11 931 04-08-2024, 04:44 PM