Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Officially a Grad Student
(07-14-2021, 12:29 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 12:26 PM)cerich67 Wrote: The MBA at HAU you can get a project management certificate with the MBA. May be worth a look. Not exactly a PM masters, but close

Really?? Oh I will definitely have a look. Thank you!!!

I would be shocked if they didn't take the grad credits, or some and also look at your experience for up to 3 others as well. If you apply quickly, you can get in the sep 7th start and lock in the $3,000 scholarship price.

I suggest calling and talking to Dean Martin, she rocks
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cerich67's post:
  • ss20ts
(07-14-2021, 12:37 PM)cerich67 Wrote: I would be shocked if they didn't take the grad credits, or some and also look at your experience for up to 3 others as well. If you apply quickly, you can get in the sep 7th start and lock in the $3,000 scholarship price.

Thank you! I will definitely look into this. How do the classes work? I think I've read on here that there are Zoom meetings in the evenings that are 3 hours long.

Sending you a pm!
https://nau.edu/online/master-computer-i...nology-pl/
Its not MBA its Masters with concentration in Project management. There are few of them . I believe u dont need IT related degree to enroll. But i would recheck with them
(07-14-2021, 01:06 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: https://nau.edu/online/master-computer-i...nology-pl/
Its not MBA its Masters with concentration in Project management.  There are few of them . I believe u dont need IT related degree to enroll. But i would recheck with them

I really, really love everything I am seeing with NAU.  I am kinda hoping that eventually they turn their MAOL into a Personalized learning program or add an MBA on the Personalized learning program.  I’d do either one of those there in a heartbeat. Big Grin

(07-14-2021, 12:41 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 12:37 PM)cerich67 Wrote: I would be shocked if they didn't take the grad credits, or some and also look at your experience for up to 3 others as well. If you apply quickly, you can get in the sep 7th start and lock in the $3,000 scholarship price.

Thank you! I will definitely look into this. How do the classes work? I think I've read on here that there are Zoom meetings in the evenings that are 3 hours long.

Sending you a pm!

I hope you find a program that fits!  That program sounds awful to me.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(07-14-2021, 01:11 PM)Vle045 Wrote: I hope you find a program that fits!  That program sounds awful to me.

Thank you! Me too! Today I wrote a thousand plus word discussion. Spent hours reading peer reviewed articles looking for things I could use. My research papers are taking less time to write! This discussion had 3 sections. Each section had multiple sections. Not fun at all!

So I made a decision. I already knew I was leaving Charleston at the end of the term - 3.5 more weeks! I can do it. I just keep telling myself that.

I'm applying to WGU's MSML program. I really want to go back to competency based. I want RA - yeah yeah I know the Dept of Ed doesn't distinguish between RA and NA anymore but that doesn't mean employers feel the same or that graduate and doctorate programs don't care. I still want a DBA so I need a RA. Why not go back to UMPI? The MAOL program is a LOT of writing. ashkir and I have spoken a great deal about it. Sorry but I'm not writing 170 pages for 1 class. That's insane. Dissertations are fewer pages!

I read something - I think it was on here - that was my aha moment. WGU doesn't have grades so that takes the pressure off for some people. I care about my grades. I graduated from UMPI with a 4.0 somehow and I'm so stressed to maintain that in grad school. It's stress I'm putting on myself. I have never had a class that was pass/fail. WGU you're either competent or not. If you're not you see what areas you need to work on. This sounds sooooo less stressful! That's not to say it will be stress free but it's one less thing to stress out about in life.

Starting my application now......
(07-15-2021, 02:43 PM)ss20ts Wrote: I read something - I think it was on here - that was my aha moment. WGU doesn't have grades so that takes the pressure off for some people. I care about my grades. I graduated from UMPI with a 4.0 somehow and I'm so stressed to maintain that in grad school. It's stress I'm putting on myself. I have never had a class that was pass/fail. WGU you're either competent or not. If you're not you see what areas you need to work on. This sounds sooooo less stressful! That's not to say it will be stress free but it's one less thing to stress out about in life.

Starting my application now......

WGU is pass/fail. All completed courses are considered pass with a 3.0 GPA. If you pass with an A+ or a C- it all counts the same. Some may not like this but it worked for me so I will be returning in September to complete the MBA.

Just note, enrollment can be frustrating as they sometimes take forever to get transcripts processed. Also, there is a lot of writing at WGU too but they have minimum suggested page lengths of 10-20 pages per assignment. 

If you are really learning the information, you will almost always write more than the minimum to prove to yourself, if nobody else, that you actually know what you're talking about. You basically get out what you put in and at the end of the day, if you skimp, you're only cheating yourself.  

Since your are already familiar with competency-based, once enrolled, you should should excel in this environment.
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

[-] The following 1 user Likes GizmoJack's post:
  • ss20ts
(07-15-2021, 11:34 PM)GizmoJack Wrote: WGU is pass/fail. All completed courses are considered pass with a 3.0 GPA. If you pass with an A+ or a C- it all counts the same. Some may not like this but it worked for me so I will be returning in September to complete the MBA.

Just note, enrollment can be frustrating as they sometimes take forever to get transcripts processed. Also, there is a lot of writing at WGU too but they have minimum suggested page lengths of 10-20 pages per assignment. 

If you are really learning the information, you will almost always write more than the minimum to prove to yourself, if nobody else, that you actually know what you're talking about. You basically get out what you put in and at the end of the day, if you skimp, you're only cheating yourself.  

Since your are already familiar with competency-based, once enrolled, you should should excel in this environment.

I really like the idea of not stressing to maintain my GPA! I'm fine with the whole pass/fail thing. I don't have sit there and count points like a crazy person. 

Good to know transcripts are slow to be processed! Thank you for that info. 

The writing doesn't bother me at all. I wrote pages and pages for my undergrad in a CBE program. The fewer exams the happier I am. I did realize at UMPI how much I dislike exams and enjoy the writing process. I really dislike discussions with citations. I haven't really found anyone who actually enjoys the online discussions. LOL I also liked focusing on 1 class at a time at UMPI. A few weeks completing a class and it was over. On to the next one. It was nice setting a goal to finish a class in x number of days instead of 7 weeks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there any way to enrol into the WGU MBA program as an international student? FM1 9 293 6 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,996 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  nitstharya - Grad School Top Up Recommendation nitstharya 1 188 04-10-2024, 04:23 PM
  My Duke Student Blog Post ThatBankDude 1 266 03-04-2024, 06:25 PM
  Article bashes Harvard Extension ALM Grad smartdegree 50 8,571 12-25-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  European Grad Studies Abroad: Cost of Living vs Low Tuition Fees bjcheung77 7 1,446 12-23-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Most affordable online Master in Finance for international student David1477 23 2,350 12-12-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Seeking a grad school OTmina 4 1,105 10-11-2023, 11:13 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Online MBA- potential student Love2LearnAlways 29 2,886 09-19-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Time to start thinking post grad, and don’t know where to start Insert Name 7 971 07-09-2023, 10:43 AM