Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Oh, heck no! No PLAs for me.
You know I am looking at PLA through TESC. Honestly though, I have a decade and a half experience in what I plan to get PLA credits it, which will be 4 credits for the first topic. Honestly, that's just over a page and a half per year, which is a piece of cake. The scholarship I received only wanted about a 1 page write-up, and even after trimming down I still had nine pages. I think if its a subject you know really well, and something you are really passionate about, the problem is often not figuring out what to write about - but rather not to say more than you really need to in order to express your point.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
If you don't mind me asking sanantone, what is your end goal for working on the ASNSM at the same time as your PhD? Is it just a way to fill some free time you may have or as you hinted to you may have future plans and in the interim are looking to wrap these credits into a credential? I can understand either approach and honestly feel it myself. I've finished my second graduate program and am sitting here bored out of my mind. For every cooking, graphic arts, etc. type class I look at for pleasure I've also looked at a graduate program that will take another 3-4 yrs to complete.
I m edumakated thanx to distunce lerning.

MEd, Texas A&M University, 2018
MBA, University of North Dakota, 2014
MS, University of Illinois Springfield, 2010
BSBA, Thomas Edison State University, 2008
AS / AAS, Tidewater Community College, 2004
I don't really need a degree in a science, but it would be nice to have one to add to my credibility in the field. I'm working toward a designation that requires a certain number of credits in science. I'm not quite sure why I'm doing this. I guess its' sort of a backup plan. After getting this out of the way, I will start working toward becoming a CISSP. This will be more directly related to my field. There is a shortage of criminal justice instructors with the technical skills to teach things like computer crimes and digital forensics.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Gotcha, thanks for the response.
I m edumakated thanx to distunce lerning.

MEd, Texas A&M University, 2018
MBA, University of North Dakota, 2014
MS, University of Illinois Springfield, 2010
BSBA, Thomas Edison State University, 2008
AS / AAS, Tidewater Community College, 2004
Unless I'm missing something, it looks like TESC changed lesson 6 in the PLA course. They took out the general rule of 5 pages per credit.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:Unless I'm missing something, it looks like TESC changed lesson 6 in the PLA course. They took out the general rule of 5 pages per credit.

I also think that any writing you'd do would be per course, not collectively. In other words, you wouldn't be writing 1 long paper, but 1 paper for EACH of the courses.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESC PLAs using Saylor courses EllisGrant 27 2,325 05-07-2015, 12:55 PM
Last Post: mednat
  Examples of successful PLAs for TESC SweetSecret 5 745 03-24-2015, 01:16 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Possibly a "hair-brained" idea on PLAs SweetSecret 7 806 09-14-2013, 12:13 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  PLAs at TESC jay 1 705 02-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Last Post: akeefe3133