Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC and FAFSA
Sorry for all these questions.

So would the plan be...
  • Enroll in the cheapest CC I can find.
  • Receive leftover grant money.
  • Use the leftover money to take exams and earn credits on the side.
  • Once I earn enough credits from a CC and exams, enroll in TESC and transfer everything?
Nine Wrote:Sorry for all these questions.

So would the plan be...
  • Enroll in the cheapest CC I can find.
  • Receive leftover grant money.
  • Use the leftover money to take exams and earn credits on the side.
  • Once I earn enough credits from a CC and exams, enroll in TESC and transfer everything?

You don't need to wait to enroll. You can enroll under the Per Credit Tuition Plan just by taking a TECEP. All you have to do to stay enrolled is take a TECEP every rolling 12 months. There are advantages to doing this:

1. You will have access to TESC's advisors. They can pre-approve courses and tests for you so that you don't mistakenly take something you don't need.
2. You will lock in your degree plan for the current academic year for as long as you're enrolled. If you're not enrolled and the requirements change, you will have to meet those new requirements.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
There is nothing wrong with being a per credit student at TESC while pursing an associates at your local cc. Combining what you have posted with what Sanatone has posted creates what I believe would be your best option.

If you don't have a reasonably priced cc locally, there are some reasonably priced options online that would allow for left over financial aid money. Colorado Mountain College, Clovis, Fort Hays (4-year but cheap), KCTCS (learn by term only for financial aid). There are many others, that I can't think of at the moment.

The maximum Pell grant divided by 24 credits works out to about $235 per credit. You will need to stay as well below this price as possible to afford books and have leftover grant money.
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits
To be eligible for financial aid at all through TESC, you must take 6 s.h. of online or guided study (two 3-s.h. courses, or one 6-s.h. course) classes (other forms do not qualify for F.A.) each term for aid to pay out. It will initially apply to the cost of your tuition plan, and once that is fully satisfied, you will then start getting payouts to you. Here are a few questions that can help suggest ways to get cash back to cover additional education expenses.

1. Does your employer offer tuition assistance in any form? If so, what are the terms and how much are you eligible for?
  2. Do you have access to ANY lump-sums of money right now? It can be something you need to pay back, but will hopefully be no-interest or very low interest. Something like a 401K?
  3. How many total credits do you have left to complete, and what is your total timeline to completion? For instance, if you have all 120-credits to earn, do you plan on doing it in 1 year, or 3, or 4?

Depending on the total credits you have left to complete, Comprehensive tuition is probably going to be your best choice, but if you have less than 24-credits left, you may be better-served using other tuition plans OR other financing options. The answers to the above questions can help identify that.

I managed to complete 66 credits in one year for what ended up to be around $500 out of my pocket, but had to do a balancing act between financial aid, tuition reimbursement, some short-term bond investments, and a 401K loan that was paid back when done. We can maybe put together a similar cash coverage plan for you if you've got access to employer T.A. and/or some no- or low-interest immediate cash that will be paid back at completion of your program (depending on the risk involved in the investment - always remember that financial plans relying upon investment funds are generally not risk-free).
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
UptonSinclair Wrote:If you don't have a reasonably priced cc locally, there are some reasonably priced options online that would allow for left over financial aid money. Colorado Mountain College, Clovis, Fort Hays (4-year but cheap), KCTCS (learn by term only for financial aid). There are many others, that I can't think of at the moment.

Also New Mexico Junior College. Or, if you happen to live in Cali, most community colleges.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,629 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,445 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,185 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,982 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,340 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,764 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,739 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC RA808 110 11,259 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: RA808
  TESC Liberal Arts Capstone Review hornj 13 6,867 08-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Last Post: mabby
  TESC BA Psychology lovewins 5 1,977 07-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77