Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Onine dual MPA/MBA programs?
Does anyone know of any online dual degree Masters of Business Administration and Masters of Public Administration degrees? I have find a few at B&M schools, however, you must attend classes on ground. I have been trying to find one for a while now, but with no success. There are programs that have the MBA with a healthcare management or public policy emphasis and the MPA with the healthcare management emphasis. I just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas or knowledge of one of these programs. I'm trying to figure out my next step as I will be graduating in December of this year and would need some time to get LORs and the GRE and personal statements and things of that nature done.
Would an MBA with a concentration in public administration work? There are a lot of those.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
What is your end goal? What job do you want to be doing?

Sanantone is correct, there are tons of MBAs with concentrations in public administration.

I've been looking at Masters degrees focusing on social entrepreneurship, which sounds very similar to what you seem to be thinking by crossing an MBA with an MPA. If you have an interest in going the Social Entrepreneurship route, here are a few:

1. Master of Science in Social Entrepreneurship, University of Southern California Marshall School of Business
2. Master of Social Entrepreneurship, Hult International Business School
3. Master of Arts in Social Enterprise, American University
4. Master of Arts in Social Entrepreneurship & Change, Pepperdine
5. Masters of Business Administration with social impact concentration, University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business (I took their Coursera course which was really amazing)
6. Master of Business in Social Enterprise, Harvard Business School
7. MBA & MSx with Public Management & Social Innovation, Stanford Graduate School of Business

That's just the tip of the block, since many MBAs will offer concentrations in social entrepreneurship.

These may or may not be of help to you, depending on what you are wanting to do. If you want to move into government, these probably won't be as much help. Many non-profits though are seeking directors with MBAs, and having a focus on social entrepreneurship would be a major plus with so many organizations struggling for funding now.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
Even at schools where the MBA/MPA are offered as a dual degree program, I think they are extremely unpopular. That's not because knowledge in the two fields isn't useful, but they're so closely related that earning both degrees isn't particularly useful. I think it might serve you better to look at either a business-oriented MPA program or a social-oriented MBA program, because there's so much more of them and it'll probably be a more efficient use of your time. I would also look at programs which allow you to cross-register in the public admin/business school so that you can broaden the pool of courses available to you without having to fulfill two sets of degree requirements.
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,686 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 839 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 275 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Cheapest Dual Enrollment For Advanced Math the_epic_man 3 378 01-11-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 512 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Mexican Bachelor of Engineering programs US$4200 elcastor21 2 442 08-31-2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: Kab
  What are the weirdest programs you know? spohara 4 914 04-22-2023, 03:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  South Texas College - CBE Programs bjcheung77 13 2,581 11-27-2022, 04:14 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  DPU India - Online Programs bjcheung77 6 1,299 11-08-2022, 11:28 AM
Last Post: akr680
  Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs in the U.S. LevelUP 1 563 11-08-2022, 11:18 AM
Last Post: ss20ts