Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University
(01-23-2024, 10:54 AM)freeloader Wrote: inor, I have no experience with this course provider, but personally I think I would select the North Alabama Accounting Completion Program. The courses are cheaper and it’s AACSB (which UIU isn’t): https://www.una.edu/business/accounting-...index.html

Yeah, they're definitely a good choice for lots of people. Unfortunately I live in a state that considers these courses as glorified CPA review courses. Probably partially due to the fact that the course materials are indeed from Wiley, AFAIK, and partially because they are not able to be applied towards an accounting degree by students at UNA. The reason for the latter is that the accounting department doesn't want the Accounting Career Program poaching their students, so to speak, but this interdepartmental politics is unknown to outsiders and probably equally uninteresting. All they know is that these courses look suspicious, like continuing education or review. 

In addition to my state's CPA board, even TESU, which is known to accept almost anything, has apparently been known to not accept UNA's ACP courses as equivalents in the past. Which, again, gives me pause given TESU's usually generous policies. Which is too bad, because the price is incredible and the institution respectable. These pros are so strong, in fact, that I'm still thinking about risking taking a course or two with them. Meanwhile courses taken at UIU, assuming they can keep themselves afloat and thus accredited for a couple of more years, shouldn't present any problems.
UNA also transcripts by the semester, I believe......while UIU's course grades are added to the transcript shorty after the course is completed.

This is critical for folks seeking to get approved for the CPA exam or licensure, as they can take the course and have a transcript ready to submit ASAP.

LSU Independent Study is another good option.
Belatedly: added basic info for this provider to the wiki! It's a great find. They have many courses that could potentially be relevant to students trying to get non-Accounting degrees. They cost a bit more than ASU, but not so much more that they're not a good source of RA credit for those who need it.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • inor

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 4,114 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  American Public University? nomaduser 36 3,617 04-16-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 352 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,763 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 774 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  SUNY accepted upper level class jg_nuy 10 538 03-05-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,329 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,794 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 416 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 579 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar