Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online Stackable Postgraduate Programs or Microcrendentials?
Does anyone know of upcoming stackable Postgraduate level programs or microcrendentials? I want to sample and don't want to fully commit to a program. I know that in the UK they offer PGCert or PGDip programs. Thanks.
Not only do they have PGCert or PGDip, they've got the Level 7 programs that have "top up" options to the Masters level. You essentially take the level 7 diploma (any one of the OfQual recognized agencies will do, don't go for the cheaper non-recognized ones). There are many UK Uni's that allow top ups.

I'm still researching and reviewing some Level 8 options that can ladder up to an applied doctoral option, there are a few only I've come across, the main ones being CMI recognized and a partner of, which really is attractive to people who want to have CMI membership as it's provided for enrolled students...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • learnforlife
In the U.S., postgraduate has a different meaning because a graduate degree is a master's or higher. We have post-
baccalaureate programs that are completed after earning a bachelor's degree. The courses can be at the graduate or undergraduate level. We have graduate certificates, which are master's level and can usually be transferred into a master's program. We also have post-master's certificates, often called a certificate of advanced graduate studies, that can include master's or doctoral-level courses. The EdS is basically an EdD without the dissertation and can usually be transferred into an EdD program. There are also postdoctoral programs for respecialization.

Thousands of certificate programs exist. Geteducated.com is a good place to search for programs within a certain subject. If you want to find microcredentials, you should be able to find them easily with a search engine. In Google, you can type "microcredential site:.edu" without the quotation marks to narrow search results. There are far too many colleges and universities offering these types of programs to list.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
@learnforlife, you might want to tell us a bit more about what you're looking at, similar to the template and last post addendum here which is geared for undergrad but will work for graduate as well.  One other thing I wanted to mention is that you want to tell us what subject area you're trying to get these secondary graduate certificates or diplomas in and what you want to ladder into...: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

My suggestion right now is to look at MOOC offerings from FutureLearn and Upgrad for their US/UK partnerships as they have several options available.  If you can and want US offerings as well, then check out Coursera and Edx offerings, all of these have 'micro credentials' that can ladder up to a degree at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.  Good luck, have fun reviewing these, keep us updated with anything else you're looking for...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
There's a difference between getting a MasterTrack or MicroMasters certificate at Coursera and edX and getting an actual graduate certificate. I believe that Coursera and edX do offer some graduate certificates now, but for the non-credit programs, you're limited on where you can possibly earn credits. You're most often limited to the school that is offering the MasterTrack or MicroMasters program. If you're lucky, there might be a small list of schools that have agreed to award credits for these non-credit certificates. The caveat is that you need to be admitted to and start a particular master's program before seeing those credits on a transcript. In an actual graduate certificate program and many of the microcredential programs offered directly by colleges and universities, you're earning real college credits right away that will likely transfer to hundreds or thousands of schools. Every course you pass results in having college credits on a transcript.

American College of Education is an example of a school that offers microcredentials that include college courses that result in real college credits immediately. Since ACE is regionally accredited, these courses are highly portable.

https://www.ace.edu/program/micro-credentials

LSU is another school that offers microcredentials for real, transferrable college credits.

https://online.lsu.edu/continuing-educat...tificates/
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I was just looking at the CGMA Finance Leadership Program, seems great and leads to the CGMA certification and can be topped up to an MBA at University of Coventry.

https://www.cgma.org/becomeacgma/finance...ogram.html
https://www.coventry.ac.uk/study-at-cove...-for-cima/
If you take the 5 advanced courses (currently only 2 available) through https://thunderbird.asu.edu/lifelong-lea...n-learners you can get a grad certificate for free. The curriculum is 1/2 of their masters of management and leadership and can be applied towards that
[-] The following 2 users Like Sparklette's post:
  • learnforlife, OtterDen
(11-10-2022, 07:06 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Not only do they have PGCert or PGDip, they've got the Level 7 programs that have "top up" options to the Masters level.  You essentially take the level 7 diploma (any one of the OfQual recognized agencies will do, don't go for the cheaper non-recognized ones).  There are many UK Uni's that allow top ups.  

I'm still researching and reviewing some Level 8 options that can ladder up to an applied doctoral option, there are a few only I've come across, the main ones being CMI recognized and a partner of, which really is attractive to people who want to have CMI membership as it's provided for enrolled students...

Any top-ups I've seen require a PG Dip. Usually a person starts with a PG Cert or PG Dip and ladders up.  PG Cert & PG Dip aren't the same as post-grad certs from the US, they are part of the Masters, not as well as. You wouldn't do a PG Cert at one uni, a PG Dip at another then the MSc at another. Yes the UK has alternate qualifications but are generally alternatives not used to top up a masters.

Not a cheap route to go.  No funding for PG Dip/Cert only MSc etc, and only the once.
International: UK
Future degree:
MSc Criminology & Criminal Psychology - Essex University
MBA - ENEB

Degrees in process:
BS Health Science 2024 - The University of the People
BSc Open (Health focus) 2023 - The Open University

Degrees completed:

BN Adult Nursing 2020 - Portsmouth University
Credits: Sophia (81)

(11-10-2022, 07:06 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Not only do they have PGCert or PGDip, they've got the Level 7 programs that have "top up" options to the Masters level.  You essentially take the level 7 diploma (any one of the OfQual recognized agencies will do, don't go for the cheaper non-recognized ones).  There are many UK Uni's that allow top ups.  

I was benefited from the different levels of ladder previously. I got a level 5 cert that is recognized by OfQual, and could therefore join a top-up program for only the last year of a four year program in a UK university.

I like the idea that the levels are recognized by probably most universities.

I am curious if there is some affordable Level 7 programs. I would love those to top up to a masters level. I am also researching for it. I'll share my info once I found something.

(11-12-2022, 07:47 PM)Sparklette Wrote: If you take the 5 advanced courses (currently only 2 available) through https://thunderbird.asu.edu/lifelong-lea...n-learners you can get a grad certificate for free. The curriculum is 1/2 of their masters of management and leadership and can be applied towards that

Any idea when the remaining three course will be available. I don’t any updates from the website for more than six months.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
Finished: University of Derby Computing & IT Bsc Hons

Planning: UMPI MAOLMBA
The best I can find for you are things called MicroMaster's that can later transfer for credit. What is your eventual graduate goal? We can help you find something!

https://www.edx.org/micromasters
https://micromasters.mit.edu/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MicroMasters

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 264 10 hours ago
Last Post: armado
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 288 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 491 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 263 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 23 14,250 03-03-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  ENEB MBA/Master + OTHM level 8 Postgraduate | Combination Evaluation ecdw94 4 712 02-28-2024, 11:05 PM
Last Post: lincolnlawyer
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 494 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  South College-CBE Programs JourneyMan 4 355 02-24-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Open University Malaysia has PhD programs below 10k USD nyvrem 2 390 02-19-2024, 11:18 PM
Last Post: armado
Question Cheapest online master's degree in *anything?* profstudent 26 3,994 02-18-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: ITdegree