Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UT - Austin/EDX, MS Artificial Intelligence Online
University of Texas at Austin Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence (MSAI) online

Wow, they just came out with this one! https://www.edx.org/masters/online-maste...-utaustinx

Meet the demand for highly trained AI practitioners with this flexible and accessible online AI master’s program — all for the competitive price of $10,000.

The tuition for the UT Austin MSAI program as of the 2023-24 academic year is $10,000. A $500 deposit is required upon enrollment. Please note that tuition does not include out-of-pocket expenses such as books, additional course materials, or other fees. Learners can expect a moderate tuition increase each year.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
With Google launching its AI education program, if your goal is to learn AI, you may want to complete that program first.

The University of Texas at Austin does have some pretty good deals for technology master's degrees.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
My friend applied for it. It looks like utaustin requires a strong background. Confused
Completed Degrees
Bachelor in Polymer Materials, Bachelor in Economics (ZJU, 2021)
Master in Data Science (Sapienza, 2023)
Master in Computer Information Technology (NAU, 2023)
Ongoing
Master in Financial Engineering (WQU)
Bachelor in Logistics Management (OUCHN)
Others completed
90 Credits from Sophia, 3 Credits from Saylor
Google Certificates from Coursera (Digital Marketing and E-Commerce; IT Support; Project Management; UX design; Business Intelligence; Data Analytics)
ENEB & Isabel I Masters: Big Data and Business Intelligence; Supply Chain Management; Digital Marketing and Ecommerce
UCAM MFPs: Applied Statistics in Health Science, Advanced Internal Medicine Care 
(08-16-2023, 06:49 PM)hsufeng Wrote: My friend applied for it. It looks like utaustin requires a strong background. Confused

You are correct. UT's program are extremely theory-focused and academics are heavily weighted in admission decision.

"The admission committee stated faculty prefers that applicants get prerequisite experience from a regionally accredited university, college or community college than MOOCs or alternative credits" (such as SDC or Saylor)
Mind you, U of T - Austin is a top 50 university in the world... They'll have plenty of applicants, you want to make sure you have a strong application when you apply to these programs. Even though you're using one of the institutions we recommend that is more alternative credit friendly, U of T - Austin may or may not take those lightly. I would still suggest getting a more rounded education that at least meets the requirements, if not exceeding them.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If anyone was curious, these are the prerequisites they are looking for equivalent courses to these from UT:

Discrete Math for Computer Science (CS 311)
Introduction to Programming (CS 312)
Data Structures (CS 314)
Algorithms and Complexitv (CS 331)
Introduction to Data Mining (CS 363D)
Linear Algebra and Matrix Theory (M341)
Introduction to Probability and Statistics (SDS 321)

I am in the process of taking the most equivalent courses from TESU (en route to the BACS) to fulfill these requirements (minus what I had previously taken for my BSIT) so I can apply in the spring for a Fall 2024 start.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Graduate Statistics course Stonybeach 13 308 04-25-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 32 18,895 04-25-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 334 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
  New Zealand Online Degrees doyouhowdo1 1 369 03-31-2024, 10:46 AM
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 652 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 559 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 742 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 412 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 599 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
Question Cheapest online master's degree in *anything?* profstudent 26 5,020 02-18-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: ITdegree