Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oral Communication Requirement at TESU. Suggestions?
Got my academic eval back from TESU for the BALS.

Says I need to fulfill the 3-credit Oral Communication Requirement.

Where would you guys say is the best/cheapest/fastest/easiest place/way to get this?
Straighterline. Study.com also has options that are fast.

Davar has public speaking.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
The DSST, Davar and TECEP are obviously the fastest (single exam only). I would say that Davar and TECEP win, because you can take them from home (meaning no driving to/from a testing center). SL & Study.com are courses, so grade doesn't all rest on a single speech.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-16-2018, 10:58 AM)kevinmane Wrote: Got my academic eval back from TESU for the BALS.

Says I need to fulfill the 3-credit Oral Communication Requirement.

Where would you guys say is the best/cheapest/fastest/easiest place/way to get this?

If you'd like to do a fairly easy course on Study.com that doesn't require a speech, TESU academic advising confirmed to me recently that Study.com's Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace transfers into TESU as COM-290 and DOES count as the Oral Communication requirement.
TESU: BALS Capstone
SNHU CfA: Intro to Ethics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Argumentation & Communication, Intro to Mass Communications, Intro to Philosophy, World Lit I, Environmental Science, Business Communication, Principles of Management, Online Success, Skills for Business 
CLEP: Eng Comp 
Sophia.org: Effective Teams, Managing Conflict, Ancient Greek Philosophers
Study.com: Personal Finance, Presentation Skills, Info Literacy, Intro to Computing, Earth Science, A History of Vietnam War, Intro to Political Science, American Government, Database Management, Info Systems, Physical Geology
CSM Learn: The CSM Course
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 
Shmoop: History of Technology, Human Sexuality, U.S. History I & II, Classical Lit, The Bible as Lit, Psychology 101, Shakespeare's Plays, Professional Writing, Media Literacy, Journalism 101, Lit in the Media, Intro to E-Commerce
The Institutes: Ethics
TECEP: Computer Concepts and Applications
ALEKS: College Algebra
[-] The following 1 user Likes badooble's post:
  • leland.kirk
That is 290 and not 209, correct? I already have a 209 speech course, and want to do the com-290 from SDC for a quick gen ed elective.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

(03-21-2018, 12:08 PM)icampy Wrote: That is 290 and not 209, correct? I already have a 209 speech course, and want to do the com-290 from SDC for a quick gen ed elective.

Definitely COM-290 - Presentational Speaking.  You should be good to go.
TESU: BALS Capstone
SNHU CfA: Intro to Ethics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Argumentation & Communication, Intro to Mass Communications, Intro to Philosophy, World Lit I, Environmental Science, Business Communication, Principles of Management, Online Success, Skills for Business 
CLEP: Eng Comp 
Sophia.org: Effective Teams, Managing Conflict, Ancient Greek Philosophers
Study.com: Personal Finance, Presentation Skills, Info Literacy, Intro to Computing, Earth Science, A History of Vietnam War, Intro to Political Science, American Government, Database Management, Info Systems, Physical Geology
CSM Learn: The CSM Course
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 
Shmoop: History of Technology, Human Sexuality, U.S. History I & II, Classical Lit, The Bible as Lit, Psychology 101, Shakespeare's Plays, Professional Writing, Media Literacy, Journalism 101, Lit in the Media, Intro to E-Commerce
The Institutes: Ethics
TECEP: Computer Concepts and Applications
ALEKS: College Algebra
Awesome, thanks!
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

(03-21-2018, 02:26 PM)icampy Wrote: Awesome, thanks!

I just did Study.com's Communications 101: Public Speaking. Wasn't bad at all, just had to write and record three speeches plus the proctored final. Got the scores back in about a week.
Doctor of Medicine candidate (MD) - anticipated complete '24
[-] The following 1 user Likes MSK9's post:
  • warriortaupou

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 363 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 699 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,409 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia US History for PUG as a Social Science requirement faresayari 5 664 05-20-2023, 08:15 PM
Last Post: faresayari
  Current equivalency Sophia courses that will transfer to TESU Mccderm 3 882 01-06-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Mccderm
  SDC Presentation Skills Class NOT transferring to TESU?? ACI 4 712 12-22-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ACI
  Sophia - Intro to Python/Java Programming to TESU AllThose299s 4 1,197 11-03-2022, 01:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU to medical school? yum2177 9 2,916 11-01-2022, 04:00 PM
Last Post: danger455
  TESU, UMPI, EU, COSC and WGU students reen967 8 1,529 10-01-2022, 09:24 AM
Last Post: reen967
Information New Sophia courses coming: Python and Business Communication! MNomadic 27 4,707 08-19-2022, 07:36 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle