Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oral comm requirement Tesu
Hey does anyone know if Tesu still takes presentation skills in the work place (comm 120) from study.com to fulfill the oral communication requirement??? I just saw my updated evaluation and it's not listed as my oral comm requirement? My new eval only really seems to have one class change required..the cornerstone. However they moved all my classes around so it's a bit confusing to go through.
It should fit that just fine... Can you copy/paste your academic evaluation from the TESU.edu OSS and paste it here? Copy the entire thing including the "other courses", just remove your personal info. There maybe some things we can swap around. Also indicate if you're on the 2018 or the new 2019A catalog.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-28-2019, 10:55 PM)Sb2013 Wrote: Hey does anyone know if Tesu still takes presentation skills in the work place (comm 120) from study.com to fulfill the oral communication requirement??? I just saw my updated evaluation and it's not listed as my oral comm requirement? My new eval only really seems to have one class change required..the cornerstone. However they moved all my classes around so it's a bit confusing to go through.

My daughter took it in March and it is listed on her academic evaluation under oral comm. Why did they "move all your classes around?"
(05-28-2019, 11:20 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: It should fit that just fine...  Can you copy/paste your academic evaluation from the TESU.edu OSS and paste it here?  Copy the entire thing including the "other courses", just remove your personal info.  There maybe some things we can swap around.  Also indicate if you're on the 2018 or the new 2019A catalog.

I'm on 2019A and I planned on taking this class soon with Study.com. I emailed TESU about 2 months ago and they told me it would fulfill the Oral Comm requirement. If something changed then this is news to me. I am going to email TESU again to be safe.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
(05-29-2019, 08:01 AM)Murdockb Wrote:
(05-28-2019, 10:55 PM)Sb2013 Wrote: Hey does anyone know if Tesu still takes presentation skills in the work place (comm 120) from study.com to fulfill the oral communication requirement??? I just saw my updated evaluation and it's not listed as my oral comm requirement? My new eval only really seems to have one class change required..the cornerstone. However they moved all my classes around so it's a bit confusing to go through.

My daughter took it in March and it is listed on her academic evaluation under oral comm. Why did they "move all your classes around?"
IDK, I had to reapply so it's a different catalog year... I emailed my advisor to have stuff moved back etc.

What is your degree?  If it's a BALS, then they would put that as a LL AOS course, because it's 200-level, and that is their priority in filling up the eval.  Here is how they prioritize things: 1) UL AOS; 2) LL AOS; 3) GE Requirements; 4) GE other; 5) Free Electives.

You can definitely ask them to move this back to Oral Comm.

This was also an issue with the Insurance Ethics course - it was 2cr of UL, and so they always put it in the UL AOS.  People just asked them to move it and they did immediately.  No problems.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-29-2019, 11:36 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

What is your degree?  If it's a BALS, then they would put that as a LL AOS course, because it's 200-level, and that is their priority in filling up the eval.  Here is how they prioritize things: 1) UL AOS; 2) LL AOS; 3) GE Requirements; 4) GE other; 5) Free Electives.

This was also an issue with the Insurance Ethics course - it was 2cr of UL, and so they always put it in the UL AOS.  People just asked them to move it and they did immediately.  No problems
Ya I am.Thank you!!!
Yeah, I suspect it's just a matter of where they decided to slot it among the various places it could fit, rather than because it will no longer fit Oral Comm.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Well, for both of my degrees (listed in my signature)  Study.com's Com120 will still transfer as Com-290. Here is the official response from TESU that I have just received, shown below:

Thank you for the inquiry. Yes, the Study.com course COM120 Presentation Skills in the Workplace, will transfer into TESU as COM-290 and will satisfy the Oral Communication requirement. Thank you!
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
(05-29-2019, 11:36 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

This was also an issue with the Insurance Ethics course - it was 2cr of UL, and so they always put it in the UL AOS.  People just asked them to move it and they did immediately.  No problems.
Hey defcore,

Have u heard anything about UL classes not being counted as the same course number? My UL liberal studies classes transferred in as UL Tesu classes and the new catalog they r lower level numbered. I emailed my advisor and an waiting to hear back.. but I thought it was wierd the Tesu course #s we're different... In 2018 they cane in as comm 341 and 484. Now they are listed as comm 210 and 199. They were UL at csu fresno where I transferred them in from

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 374 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 718 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,438 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia US History for PUG as a Social Science requirement faresayari 5 673 05-20-2023, 08:15 PM
Last Post: faresayari
  Current equivalency Sophia courses that will transfer to TESU Mccderm 3 903 01-06-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Mccderm
  SDC Presentation Skills Class NOT transferring to TESU?? ACI 4 720 12-22-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ACI
  Sophia - Intro to Python/Java Programming to TESU AllThose299s 4 1,206 11-03-2022, 01:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU to medical school? yum2177 9 2,949 11-01-2022, 04:00 PM
Last Post: danger455
  TESU, UMPI, EU, COSC and WGU students reen967 8 1,543 10-01-2022, 09:24 AM
Last Post: reen967
  How long does it take TESU to get the info to update? CHken92 6 1,068 05-21-2022, 03:14 PM
Last Post: CHken92