Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wierd
When I write an unusually long post, I either do the writing in a word processor, or at least copy it onto the clipboard before hitting the post button. It has saved me a couple of times from losing my work. Also, you can sometimes use the back button to get back to the edit screen and copy the text even after your post fails, depending on the browser and website.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Yes!

You all gave me a good laugh and perspective! Guess we've all been there - loosing a document (Grrr). Writing into another program, or using clipboard is really good advice.

Anyway, I did have to complain to the testing center, (and sent a short email to parent company (since they had emailed me also)). I think this ticked off the Test Center Operator, who's title is Director, because she fussed at me before the 2nd test, and indicated she had cancelled me/might not be able to work me in for my 2nd scheduled test, so I just sat there in her office, and ... soon she worked me into a half filled testing room.

They had sent me a handful of emails like 'thank you for your business', 'here's what you need to do', and receipts with my electronic signature. However, when I read the third (un-requested) CLEP test paid receipt, I had to state that I didn't request that test. (Small print stated if I didn't respond/refuse, I would be charged.) They acknowledged it was an error and removed it, but I'll be watching that credit card statement for a while... Sometimes that gut instinct is right on the mark.

Long story short - Goal accomplished, and thoroughly enjoyed reading some encouraging words here.
"Be less thoughtful" - I like that thought, and wish I could. (I also need to review how to copy direct quotes too.)
My uncle used to say he would wait and listen to everyone else talk, and then he knew what he knew, and also what everyone else knew too.

Thank You,
traveler
Truth is - it wasn't a long post - I just got distracted. posted a few sentences, went to cook dinner, went to feed the birds, posted a closing statement, when I returned, saw autosave, and thought that was for me. winks, and smiles.
Cheers,
traveler