Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PF Strategic Management
You gals/guys are awesome, that's great advice, I'll work on these right away instead of waiting for my things to arrive.
I've registered for 3 courses with them, Strategic Business Management, International Business and Financial Management.
I'll dig through the threads and see if there's any advice on the other two courses, hope I can finish all 3 in a months time.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
alzee Wrote:I'm not sure where to put this, so I figure this is a decent place for now...

The response I got from advising today appears to be the same "canned" response from the assistant dean that everyone else received, but until now, I did not notice an important bit of phrasing in that message. Bolding by me:

Quote:As of today, the Strategic Business Management course from Penn Foster is still transferrable and does meet our Strategic Management core course requirement. However, the transferability of capstone courses is under review and the current policy of accepting capstone courses in transfer may change in the near future (if I had to guess, I would say July 1, 2016, but that is not official). If you are registered for the course or are taking the course before the policy changes, you would be permitted to transfer the course in. However, if you take the course after the policy changes, you would need to take the course through Thomas Edison State University, not Penn Foster. My best advice to you would be contact us to make sure we are still taking the course in transfer before registering. You can contact me directly.

This means that it does NOT have to be completed by July 1. There's no need to "rush", just get registered or start before then and you should be fine it seems, even if you take the full 8-12 weeks to finish.

I've copied the info above from the other subforum so people don't miss it here...
http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...post208543

bjcheung77 Wrote:I've copied the info above from the other subforum so people don't miss it here...
http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...post208543

The bolded part got lost.. recreated. Thanks, couldn't remember/find this thread.

Quote:As of today, the Strategic Business Management course from Penn Foster is still transferrable and does meet our Strategic Management core course requirement. However, the transferability of capstone courses is under review and the current policy of accepting capstone courses in transfer may change in the near future (if I had to guess, I would say July 1, 2016, but that is not official). If you are registered for the course or are taking the course before the policy changes, you would be permitted to transfer the course in. However, if you take the course after the policy changes, you would need to take the course through Thomas Edison State University, not Penn Foster. My best advice to you would be contact us to make sure we are still taking the course in transfer before registering. You can contact me directly.

The bold bit is the "important" bit.
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
Just completed my first webinar. It was not bad and went by really quick. The Professor Donna Evans seemed really nice and up front on what to expect, especially with the Final Project. Was anyone from the forum on last nights webinar? Evans stated that she suddenly had an influx of TESU students, because of the future change.
Seton Hall University - MA HRTD
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA GM in progress
Thomas Edison State College - BA CJ
Thomas Edison State College - AAS ESST
Middlesex County College - AS CJ

NJ PTC
New Jersey Regional Community Police Institute
Methods of Instruction

TEEX
Cyber Security for Everyone
Cyber Security for IT Professionals
Cyber Security for Business Professionals

Sophia
Accounting
jawbreakingrr Wrote:Just completed my first webinar. It was not bad and went by really quick. The Professor Donna Evans seemed really nice and up front on what to expect, especially with the Final Project. Was anyone from the forum on last nights webinar? Evans stated that she suddenly had an influx of TESU students, because of the future change.

How many students total were attending your first webinar? hilarious

I've seen at least 4 people from here post about joining this course.
jawbreakingrr Wrote:Just completed my first webinar. It was not bad and went by really quick. The Professor Donna Evans seemed really nice and up front on what to expect, especially with the Final Project. Was anyone from the forum on last nights webinar? Evans stated that she suddenly had an influx of TESU students, because of the future change.

Weird, how come your's is on a Wednesday? lol, I would have chosen that... but then again, i would like to separate my webinars further apart.
My International Business is also with Donna Evans, but the webinars are for Thursdays... so I have both Tues/Thurs with her.

Anyways, yes, yesterday we had 13 people when she mentioned that TESU capstone was transitioning and transfer ending.
She also mentioned generally people in the final or 8th semester of their program are usually in the webinar, generally about 4-5 people.

Oops! I meant Tuesday's webinar.
Seton Hall University - MA HRTD
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA GM in progress
Thomas Edison State College - BA CJ
Thomas Edison State College - AAS ESST
Middlesex County College - AS CJ

NJ PTC
New Jersey Regional Community Police Institute
Methods of Instruction

TEEX
Cyber Security for Everyone
Cyber Security for IT Professionals
Cyber Security for Business Professionals

Sophia
Accounting
I attended the webinar as well, it was my last one. now I'm going to work on the final project.
Done!
I attended as well and it was my first one. I'd like to get started on the project and have it ready to turn in before the last webinar, however I can't find these questions that she said.

I'm still also confused as people are saying its a paper but she made it seem like there were questions and then answer the questions I guess. I am thinking put the question in word and then put your answer underneath and this is what the paper is, ha. I also took the first exam and only got 88 which I was disappointed about. Three measly questions I could not find answers for anywhere on the web. I'll try it again and I copied the answers, hopefully they are numbered the same so it was worth copying them down.
tsimmns Wrote:I attended as well and it was my first one. I'd like to get started on the project and have it ready to turn in before the last webinar, however I can't find these questions that she said.

I'm still also confused as people are saying its a paper but she made it seem like there were questions and then answer the questions I guess. I am thinking put the question in word and then put your answer underneath and this is what the paper is, ha. I also took the first exam and only got 88 which I was disappointed about. Three measly questions I could not find answers for anywhere on the web. I'll try it again and I copied the answers, hopefully they are numbered the same so it was worth copying them down.

If memory serves, it's page 174 or so in the study guide. All the questions for the paper are there. Seems like there were 9 questions. Southwest Airlines case study. Pretty sure that's the right page number.

I turned my paper in after the first webinar and got it graded about 10 days later. Made a 95. Just do the SWOT and answer the questions, add some outside references, cite those references, and you'll be in good shape. She stated in one webinar that there are no wrong answers. Just be thorough with your answers.
WGU MSML complete 3/2018
TESU 2016 BSBA graduate

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,484 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  DSST Management Information Systems and CLEP Business Information systems vetvso 10 2,543 06-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with BALS General Management Concentration or alternatives YeaStudy 17 4,055 04-03-2018, 11:05 PM
Last Post: YeaStudy
  TESU BSBA General Management d.cononge 0 978 03-06-2018, 10:10 AM
Last Post: d.cononge
  UL options for Management Information Systems at TESU allvia 4 2,100 02-01-2018, 06:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BSBA in Healthcare Management at TESU? Trndacres 10 2,570 01-07-2018, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Questions on General Management masrat858 26 4,067 12-15-2017, 11:36 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Need help finishing BSBA General Management tekplay99 3 1,626 11-28-2017, 08:01 PM
Last Post: tekplay99
  Strategic Management TECEP Jima60 565 82,245 09-21-2017, 01:08 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Finished!!! BSBA in General Management from TESU 11302 12 3,545 06-20-2017, 10:06 PM
Last Post: jayorjon