Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PMI Agile Hybrid Micro Credential
(01-05-2021, 10:19 PM)Imbanewbie Wrote: I also want to know how we should prepare this certification

Sent from my phone using DegreeForum.net mobile app

If you buy it, it comes with a 6.5 hour course to prepare for it.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
It is video training or PowerPoint slide. Should we put study group in degreeforum? Hehe

NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA

Completed: WGU MS-CIA & Masters University Isabel I, ENEB
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

My discount was significantly more then some of the others. But, a certification from PMI is AMAZING.
For what it's worth, this "micro credential" is also worth 13 PDUs for the continuing education requirements for renewing a more advanced PMI cert(CAPM, PMP, etc.)

Also, for those interested, the digital badge you get is hosted by Acclaim, the same company that handles the digital badges and transcripts for ACE now, so at least it's all in one spot.

https://www.youracclaim.com/org/project-...credential
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • Pikachu
I just put in my email to receive the discount code. We'll see what happens. Not sure I want to drop $70 on this right now.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
(01-05-2021, 09:48 PM)TexasTink Wrote: Do you think one would need extensive prior knowledge of project management to complete this cert?

The FAQ says the course is to refresh on Agile and Hybrid project management concepts. So it's hard to say whether the content on the course alone will be sufficient to prepare someone who has no prior knowledge for the exam.
(01-05-2021, 10:19 PM)Imbanewbie Wrote: I also want to know how we should prepare this certification

They provide a list of reference material and an online course. Says so right on the web page.

https://www.pmi.org/landing/agile-hybrid...credential
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu
The course isn't really a course. it's pretty much a quiz with links to PMBOK Papers. It's honestly a really bad training course, nowhere near as good as Joseph Phillip's UDEMY course. It's just a lot of reading material, that is almost not related to the source content.

I haven't done the exam yet. I plan on giving it a shot this week.
Keep us update if the exam is cover on the course material.

NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA

Completed: WGU MS-CIA & Masters University Isabel I, ENEB
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

Okay I can say with confidence now that the course is very far from the exam. Like very far. They're completely different topics.

The Course
The course is literally just links to papers wrapped up in a slideshow. It does not train you for the material.

The Exam
The exam mostly focuses on (and requires Super, not On Track answers) stakeholder questions. So if Stakeholder doesn't like your communication what do you do? The answers are all slightly right, and slightly wrong. It's rather confusing and turned around.
[-] The following 3 users Like ashkir's post:
  • dfrecore, Pikachu, unfilteredsoul

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Agile Practitioner - FREE cert bjcheung77 1 1,221 11-08-2021, 02:29 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Mohave CC: Free Online Arizona Career Readiness Credential eriehiker 2 1,156 04-20-2020, 08:33 PM
Last Post: eriehiker