Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSY 410: Research Methods for behavioral Sciences
Does anybody know if PSY 410: Research Methods for behavioral Sciences can be done somewhere else than COSC or if another subject can be evaluated that satisfy this course? 
Example SDC or another course will satisfy requirements? Or if any upper level psychology research methods will do?

I think (but I'm not sure) that SDC's Psychology 105 might work, but you'd need another UL course somewhere. https://study.com/college/school/charter...llege.html

Otherwise, any UL Psych Research methods should work, I think. I'd just do the SDC course and the UExcel: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UE...nts_&_Tips
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Kab
Here's what transfers into COSC from Study.com

https://study.com/college/school/charter...llege.html

PSY410 isn't on the list.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Kab
yes and psy 105 is an elective.
If anybody has another idea, please, you are welcome to share it.

(02-01-2022, 12:43 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I think (but I'm not sure) that SDC's Psychology 105 might work, but you'd need another UL course somewhere. https://study.com/college/school/charter...llege.html

Otherwise, any UL Psych Research methods should work, I think. I'd just do the SDC course and the UExcel: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UE...nts_&_Tips

If SDC Psy 105 work it is great news. Even if it needs an UL somewhere else. That does not worry me. I will try to find out.
Psychology 105 is listed as an elective but not as a research elective. Can you ask someone at COSC? I don't know where you are in the application process....if you've even applied.
I did not apply at the moment. I will do it when I have all the credits. I just want to do the final subject, capstone, there and be ready. In other words, avoid to pay too many extra credits.
For what it's worth, the content in SDC's PSY 105 and in UExcel's Research Methods ECE are nearly identical. If you sign up for the SDC UExcel Reesarch Methods prep, and then take PSY 105, you'll have already completed about 90% of the material. As a bonus, at least at TESU, if you take both the PSY 105 and ECE Research Methods exam, they come in as separate courses (ECE comes in as UL), so it's almost like getting 6 credits for taking one course.

If COSC won't take PSY 105 as Research Methods, perhaps at least they would take it as an elective? With all the ridiculous rules and arcane distribution requirements, the enormous list of coursework that COSC won't accept that the other two do, I really have a hard time understanding why COSC would be anyone's first choice at this point. I also have a hard time understanding why they continue to make themselves less appealing when they're already the smallest of the three and there are competitors like UMPI and U Southern New Hampshire biting at their heels.
(02-03-2022, 10:15 PM)studyingfortests Wrote: With all the ridiculous rules and arcane distribution requirements, the enormous list of coursework that COSC won't accept that the other two do, I really have a hard time understanding why COSC would be anyone's first choice at this point.  I also have a hard time understanding why they continue to make themselves less appealing when they're already the smallest of the three and there are competitors like UMPI and U Southern New Hampshire biting at their heels.

I would say that the cost makes them worth looking at, but ultimately, if they become difficult, then switching to another school is not a bad idea.  At EC, you won't be paying that much more.  At TESU though, you'll be paying more than double.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
USNH sounds nice, but I have to do 30 credits there as far I understand, no?
The cost add up.... And there is no competency program like it exist in umpi. In USNH as far I remember you have to pay all the credits, please correct if I'm wrong.

Since I have to pay out of pocket it mattets to me.

I like EC. But it will be 4.5k. While in COSC it will be half of it (I have prior degree, so only capstone as I understand).

If in EC made the reduced price of credit for Sophia partnership with less than 12 credits, it will be a very interesting option to avoid all the COSC limitation on courses.

Also having another degree I do not know if I have to take the information literacy course, 1 extra credit to pay.

Sent from my NX591J using DegreeForum.net mobile app
You have to complete 30 credits at UMPI as well. TESU and COSC both require RA credits now as well.