Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passing Straighterline Accounting I and II
I've got to say, so far the accounting documents work way better on II compared to I. I'm very excited. I got 100% on the last quiz and had no idea what was going on. It saved me on several questions Smile
Please stop corporate child abuse, learn about World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and other "troubled teen" facilities that abuse kids and cheat parents:
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/...82,00.html
http://cafety.org/films/765-whos-watchin...ontana-pbs

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

63 FEMA courses complete 1/2/10
4 NFA courses Complete 1/5/10
A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
MCP XP PRO (Microsoft Certified Professional)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS Intermediate Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Straighterline Macro Econ
Straighterline Micro Econ
Straighterline Accounting I
Straighterline Accounting II
Penn Foster Info Literacy
Penn Foster Art Appreciation
Penn Foster Music Appreciation
Penn Foster Psychology
rickyjo Wrote:I've got to say, so far the accounting documents work way better on II compared to I.
This is disappointing. Was hoping I would be as easy as II.
"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and a compass and never knows where he may cast" - Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

"The shortest distance between two points is usually under repair." - Anonymous

[SIZE="1"]CLEP/DSST/ACE credits (39), Total costs $1,383
Principles of Management (71), Principles of Supervision (446), Principles of Marketing (76), Management Information Systems (466), Human Resources Management (67), Intro to Computing (465), Environment & Humanity (69), Technical Writing (65), Intro to Business Law (75), Business Law II (80), Principles of Microeconomics (70), American Government (69), Straighterline Accounting II (90%)

[/SIZE]
Are you taking them out of order?
Please stop corporate child abuse, learn about World Wide Association of Specialty Programs and other "troubled teen" facilities that abuse kids and cheat parents:

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Penn Foster Psychology
Well looky here. Here are powerpoint slides for Accounting II from North Virginia CC taken from the FAP book. Accounting I is listed on this teacher's page as well, but I couldn't get the links to work. I'm going to go through the ppt slides instead of reading the book for my 3rd set of quizzes/test to see how I do. Looks like it's taken straight out of the book.

Accounting II:
Accounting 212
"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and a compass and never knows where he may cast" - Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

Principles of Management (71), Principles of Supervision (446), Principles of Marketing (76), Management Information Systems (466), Human Resources Management (67), Intro to Computing (465), Environment & Humanity (69), Technical Writing (65), Intro to Business Law (75), Business Law II (80), Principles of Microeconomics (70), American Government (69), Straighterline Accounting II (90%)

[/SIZE]
How fabulous as I did not buy the book for accounting II. Smile

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Penn Foster Psychology
Done with accounting two.

4x SL classes in one month with a coupon code breaks down something like this:

$99 - monthly fee 1x
$39 - Two classes with coupon (econ I and II)
$39 - Acnt I
$39 - Acnt II

For a total cost of: $18/credit + the last three weeks of my life.
That's even cheaper than CLEP if I'm not mistaken.
:hurray:

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Penn Foster Psychology
You have the pdfs for Acct II?

[/SIZE]
They should be in the .zip I already sent out.

The Goal:
A.S. From Excelsior

>>>COMPLETE!

A+ (Computer Repair)
N+ (Networking)
AP English Literature
ALEKS Beginning Algebra
ALEKS College Algebra
ALEKS TRIG.
ALEKS Intro to STATS
Penn Foster Psychology
Geezer Wrote:In preperation for the (4) multi-chapter exams, have the book handy and be ready to utilize the GLOSSARY at the back of the book. Why the GLOSSARY? When a multiple choice question asks which answer is correct, 8 times out of 10, you can save yourself a lot of aggravation by heading straight to the glossary and looking up the definition of a particular term. If you were too cheap to buy the book, then utilize the online student learning center chapter glossary. You will have to go back and forth between chapters to find all of the glossary terms, but the end result should still be the same.

It's not ethical to use the glossary during an exam, according to the course advisor.
-Andrew T.
[SIZE="1"]
Finished: 120 credits! [BSBA Thomas Edison State College] See my degree plan here.
[/SIZE]
Now Available for Amazon Kindle: How to Test Out of Your First Year of College (And More)
Quote:It's not ethical to use the glossary during an exam, according to the course advisor.

The exams ARE open book exams. You buy the book, you read the book, you look up answers in the book. The glossary is at the back of the book. It's OK to use the book and the glossary in the book during the open book exams. There is nothing written anywhere that I'm aware of that tells people that the book they purchased can't be used during their exams.

Tutoring should not be used while completing graded exams. Tutoring is designed to help you with studying, practice exercises, review activities, and other non-graded components of the course.

The original intent of this thread was to encourage people to buy the book and make use of the freely available online student resources that mirror the SL Accounting courses, rather than flying blind. Each person should choose the study method that they feel comfortable with.
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,799 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 830 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 666 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,073 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
  StraighterLine - Success Stories bjcheung77 0 884 11-08-2021, 10:03 PM
  Need 12 Accounting Credits... TallC 6 1,257 08-17-2021, 01:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Straighterline Pharmacology 103 tyson14136 16 3,662 07-09-2021, 10:57 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  Is the Straighterline Biology Lab Kit Reusalble or Consumable? JaronB34 1 1,287 10-25-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Lydclrk
  ACCUMULATING ACCOUNTING CREDITS for CPA - WHAT COLLEGE TO USE AND FROM WHOM? germ 7 2,281 06-09-2020, 08:56 PM
Last Post: tjguitar85
  Intermediate Accounting I and II self-paced options? RDUstudent 6 1,431 05-23-2020, 11:25 AM
Last Post: dfrecore