Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patten University is back... kind of.
Patten University (once known as Oakland Bible Institute), which was once a small private, primarily religious school, and then was bought out and converted to a self-paced/CBE for-profit online school by UniversityNow (previous owners of Andrew Jackson University/New Charter University, which later became the current Bottega University), which was then sold to non-profit John F. Kennedy University, which was then sold to National University... is back. (whew, a mouthful)

But only kind of. American Graduate University, a DEAC/NA accredited for-profit online school, has changed their name to Patten University, and is using Patten's web address and logo from before the UNow days. It's not clear to me if AGU's ownership had any prior relation to the old Patten school, or if they just bought name/rights, but patten.edu now lists a number of business graduate degrees and certificates, self paced at @ $325/cr.

The mission page mentions business and religious programs, but as of yet only they only offer business degrees/certs. It seems the plan is to eventually incorporate some of the school's initial mission.

One interesting thing, if you look up Patten in the DEAC database now, it says it has been DEAC accredited since 1998, though this is misleading since it's actually American Graduate University that was accredited in 1998 and due to the name change they are able to carry that date over. That might get a little confusing for students who took courses at one of the prior iterations of Patten University when it was Regionally Accredited for decades, but those transcripts will be under an entirely different custodian (National U).

Degree Programs
Master of Leadership and Management ($11,700)
Master of Project Management ($11,700)
MBA - General Management ($15,600)
MBA - Project Management ($15,600)

Certificates (each $5,850)
Financial Management & Pricing
Management
Project/Program Management

https://www.patten.edu/
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 2 users Like jsd's post:
  • collegecareerstudent, jch
My father gave Patten a chance back in the day; overall, he liked the staff a lot. Ultimately decided on WGU; when Patten shut down, he felt vindicated on not going with them for his MBA.

Good to see they are making another run in some form or another.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
I have a similar story, though I was pretty disappointed in the program setup. Most of the staff I interacted with was decent, and one professor I had was fantastic and I kept in touch with her long after leaving Patten, but it wasn't a good fit for me.

Regardless, this is an entirely different setup than that Patten, so I wouldn't take into account any previous experiences or reviews from this forum from years back, I'd instead look for reviews of American Graduate University if I were to consider this new Patten.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • KSoul
I started my MBA with Patten but finished with Bottega. I'm glad they are back and hope they survive.
Harvard Extension School- HESA President- 2024
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
Harvard Uni- Kennedy School of Gov.- PLC- Public Leadership Credential- 01/2023
Bottega Uni- MBA-Feb. 2022
Kennesaw State Uni- BA English-Dec. 2021
Charter Oak State College- BS/AS Psychology- 2013

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lifestyle Prescriptions University ADC2305 2 248 03-18-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ADC2305
  University of the People Experiences ashkir 55 9,340 03-17-2024, 01:07 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 272 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 5,696 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  University of the People - Fee Price Hike bjcheung77 21 3,505 02-01-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Colorado State University GLOBAL? GoBroncos95 3 654 01-30-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 354 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  Liberty University indigoshuffle 8 764 01-16-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Lightbulb Purdue University Global - BA Information Technology [Review & Advice] 9yeire 47 6,937 01-10-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: bornsupercharged
  Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree goldendoodle101 61 14,990 12-14-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77