Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Foster Question
jlearn25 Wrote:btw, I am still confused by the capstone comment? Since ACE accepts the Penn Foster class, doesnt that mean TESU will too? is it that it will not use it for a Capstone requirement but will still accept it for credit? I also have signed up for the 1cr PLA class for May from TESU, i thought that was the Capstone requirement i needed? My head is spinning.

Sorry for all the questions I have about 21cr left to go and want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. Smile

ACE doesn't accept anything, they recommend courses for college credit and the amount of credits/course.
It's up to TESU and other institutions to grant credit for those courses, in this case - TESU does.
Your best bet is to get an exception if you're not already enrolled; otherwise, TECEP that course ASAP.

Since you have signed up for the 1 credit class for May, is that the Cornerstone?
I think you're mixing up the Capstone and Cornerstone, the latter isn't available yet.
Capstone is Strategic Management, Cornerstone is a new course available in May.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
jlearn25 Wrote:btw, I am still confused by the capstone comment? Since ACE accepts the Penn Foster class, doesnt that mean TESU will too? is it that it will not use it for a Capstone requirement but will still accept it for credit? I also have signed up for the 1cr PLA class for May from TESU, i thought that was the Capstone requirement i needed? My head is spinning.

Sorry for all the questions I have about 21cr left to go and want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. Smile

The Capstone for the BSBA is Strategic Management. If TESU decides not to accept it from other sources, but says they will only let you take it as the course or TECEP, then they can do that. Yes, they could accept the course for credit, but the issue is that it will duplicate the course you have to take from them, so you can't use it in your plan.

The 1cr PLA course is completely different, it's a course to show you what PLA's are and how to do them for TESU. There is also a 2cr course in which you learn even more about how to create a PLA and submit it to them.

There is an upcoming Cornerstone that will be required starting May 25th, but it hasn't been detailed yet, so you can't sign up for it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
The assistant Dean told me I can take the class as long as I'm done with it before July 1st. I'm talking about the Strategic Management class with Penn Foster.
Done!
timokito Wrote:The assistant Dean told me I can take the class as long as I'm done with it before July 1st. I'm talking about the Strategic Management class with Penn Foster.

Yes. I've seen 2 other students as well currently enrolled @ TESU that have it approved and I've also heard the same. July 1st being the cutoff date for Strategic Management as long as you get it pre-approved as a pre-planned transfer.

Their is a lot of misinformation being spread about the capstone, refer to academic advising before you make any decision on whether to take it thru Penn Foster or TESU.

Obviously Penn Foster is the easiest option, you just have to be willing to do the 3 required weekly webinars, discussion board posts, quizzes, and final assignment.
Inteljustice2 Wrote:Yes. I've seen 2 other students as well currently enrolled @ TESU that have it approved and I've also heard the same. July 1st being the cutoff date for Strategic Management as long as you get it pre-approved as a pre-planned transfer.

Their is a lot of misinformation being spread about the capstone, refer to academic advising before you make any decision on whether to take it thru Penn Foster or TESU.

Obviously Penn Foster is the easiest option, you just have to be willing to do the 3 required weekly webinars, discussion board posts, quizzes, and final assignment.

So it seems we could enroll tomorrow, finish by the end of the month and still have it count?
timokito Wrote:The assistant Dean told me I can take the class as long as I'm done with it before July 1st. I'm talking about the Strategic Management class with Penn Foster.

Would anyone here recommend the OP or myself to email them again to see if we can take it/complete it before this date? I don't mind paying more for this as I would hate to do a class with them, if TECEP is the only option, so be it, I'll take that on instead. Thanks,

What can it hurt?

ETA: I would let them know of the different things being told to students, how some can as long as it is done by July 1st, what the assistant dean said, etc.
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
dfrecore Wrote:The 1cr PLA course is completely different, it's a course to show you what PLA's are and how to do them for TESU. There is also a 2cr course in which you learn even more about how to create a PLA and submit it to them.
There is an upcoming Cornerstone that will be required starting May 25th, but it hasn't been detailed yet, so you can't sign up for it.

I just signed up for the 1cr class last week. Is that not necessary or do i need to have some credit at TESU? My question is, can i just transfer in ALL credits and pay the residency fee to graduate? or do i NEED to take something from TESU. I honestly signed up for the 1cr PLA class only because i thought i needed something from TESU.

thanks again all, this is extremely helpful.
AngelaP Wrote:What can it hurt?

ETA: I would let them know of the different things being told to students, how some can as long as it is done by July 1st, what the assistant dean said, etc.

Haha, just for the heck of it, I emailed them asking a few things... hope I get this pre-approved! Even though it's more expensive, I haven't even registered in the Strategic Management course; I have three courses I'd like to get done from Penn Foster instead of doing the TECEP.

jlearn25 Wrote:I just signed up for the 1cr class last week. Is that not necessary or do i need to have some credit at TESU? My question is, can i just transfer in ALL credits and pay the residency fee to graduate? or do i NEED to take something from TESU. I honestly signed up for the 1cr PLA class only because i thought i needed something from TESU.

thanks again all, this is extremely helpful.

As far as we can tell at this point, you can transfer in ALL 120 credits and pay the fee. You do not need something from TESU. Now, if they decide to make the Cornerstone a requirement as of May 25, then that might change. If I were you, I would cancel the PLA.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,688 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,492 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  GPA Question mysonx3 10 2,686 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,758 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Equivalency Question dexter1326 4 2,001 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU Course equivalency question. jbwyo 6 2,027 08-10-2018, 11:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,832 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  Replacing LL with UL duplicate course question (COSC) ReyMysterioso 6 2,044 07-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Last Post: topdog98
  Penn Foster/TESU UL last class FinishTHEM 3 1,391 07-02-2018, 10:30 PM
Last Post: FinishTHEM
  COSC transfer question Paramedic12 8 1,996 06-29-2018, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Tedium