Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Foster additional courses enrollment
I took Penn Foster Art Appreciation and while working on it I wrote an email to Penn Foster and asked if I can add Music Appreciation to my student account. I got an answer that since it is an individual college course I will need to enroll again to take Music Appreciation. So I finished the Art Appreciation course, put it on ACE transcript , went to Induvidual College Courses on the Penn Foster site Online Summer College Courses | Penn Foster College and pushed the Enroll button on the Music Appeciation course which took me through the process of college enrollment with electronic signature signing again. I was given a new student ID (since during enrollment process there was no place to put your existing student ID). Something tells me that this is wrong. I would like to hear feedback from people who took Penn Foster courses if they were given a new student ID each time and created a new account when taking additional courses in Penn Foster. I am planning on taking 3 more courses with them. Does it mean I will have 3 additional student accounts?
This is why I, and others, have always referred people to the workforce development number. There is no need to enroll as a PF student.

I've taken four courses and always went through the workforce development office 1-800-233-0259 to order individual courses under the same student account number and never had an issue.

I would call them as soon as possible and have them consolidate your accounts, or cancel the recent order and reissue the course under the existing student ID.

Workforce Development

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Thank you very much, I will use your advice.
PF has given me many student numbers, and I don't care. One time, when I signed up for more than one course at a time, I was told that I would have to take ALL of the finals on the same day. Really? At B&M schools I don't even remember if I had more than one final on the same day. Really easy to get a proctor when more than one test has to be taken on the same day. (Let me introduce you to sarcasm if you didn't recognize it.) If I had gone with different numbers, I don't think it would have been an issue. I'm almost finished with my Stat. Mgmt. course, and it's on a different number than previous courses. My Bus. Stats. course might be under the same number, but I'm not sure. Student numbers are PF's issue, not mine, and I don't conern myself with them.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
I second what Bricabrac said. I've always used the Workforce Development number and I just call them when I'm ready for the next class and they add it to my account. I've done 3 classes this way so far.
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
Thanks to everybody for your responses. Before calling to Workforce development I decided to use Penn Foster chat and to ask if I need to consolidate both student accounts. They told me that "whenever students enroll in a new program ( even a single subject) they get a new student number. All the records are connected to each number for shipments and grades. No need to consolidate accounts, they should be separate."

So, I decided that I will leave this course on a separate account, but in the future I just will call the Workforce development number and ask them to add the course to my existing account.
Unfortunately what they told you is not true. You are not enrolling in a new program, you are purchasing an indivdual course. You are not attending their school as a student, you are an enrolled student elsewhere. I am beginning to wonder if they want the added numbers for some reason. Wouldn't having the same student registered under separate accounts lead to more work down the line?

If you needed a transcript, of course in my case they were useless but at any rate if you needed one, would you have to order multiple transcripts or would they then consolidate multiple student IDs onto one transcript? When I log on, all courses are included in one place. Is it the same if you have multiple student IDs?

I just find them encouraging non diploma/NA degree seeking individuals to set up separate accounts/mulitple student enrollment highly suspicious. I don't think PF needs more questionable behavior attributed to their organization, they've already accumulated enough problems for themselves.

Regardless, good luck in your course(s)!

This is an interesting recent 'issue' involving Penn Foster. Very dicey. Why would anyone try to scam the military? Idiots. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/alleged-sche...ssistance/

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
bricabrac Wrote:Unfortunately what they told you is not true. You are not enrolling in a new program, you are purchasing an indivdual course. You are not attending their school as a student, you are an enrolled student elsewhere. I am beginning to wonder if they want the added numbers for some reason. Wouldn't having the same student registered under separate accounts lead to more work down the line?

If you needed a transcript, of course in my case they were useless but at any rate if you needed one, would you have to order multiple transcripts or would they then consolidate multiple student IDs onto one transcript? When I log on, all courses are included in one place. Is it the same if you have multiple student IDs?

I just find them encouraging non diploma/NA degree seeking individuals to set up separate accounts/mulitple student enrollment highly suspicious. I don't think PF needs more questionable behavior attributed to their organization, they've already accumulated enough problems for themselves.

Regardless, good luck in your course(s)!

This is an interesting recent 'issue' involving Penn Foster. Very dicey. Why would anyone try to scam the military? Idiots. Alleged scheme targets U.S. military students' free tuition assistance - CBS News

One problem with this article is that it calls Penn Foster unaccredited. It is not unaccredited. Now, on to the scam part. The scam looks to mostly be between Ed4Mil and Caldwell College. Penn Foster was providing the education and being paid what it normally charges. Ed4Mil was the one carrying out the bait and switch and marking up the prices so that it could keep 10% and give the rest of the markup to Caldwell College which was not providing any educational services to these military students. The whistle blower is only suing Ed4Mil and Caldwell College. The only thing that might be questionable on Penn Foster's end is if it knew it was receiving tuition assistance for which it was not eligible.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
You know how when you 'phone a college you don't know who to believe? Well, when I called PF some years ago to register for 3 or 4 courses, the woman who answered said that if I put them all under the same student ID I would have to take the tests on the same day. She mumbled something about accredidation. I thought that it sounded lame, but I needed the courses. There's some quote about not assuming an action to be based on evil when it is more likely the result of stupidity. I figure this student number is more for them than for us. Could be wrong. Probably am, but that's the way I see it.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
LaterBloomer Wrote:You know how when you 'phone a college you don't know who to believe? Well, when I called PF some years ago to register for 3 or 4 courses, the woman who answered said that if I put them all under the same student ID I would have to take the tests on the same day. She mumbled something about accredidation. I thought that it sounded lame, but I needed the courses. There's some quote about not assuming an action to be based on evil when it is more likely the result of stupidity. I figure this student number is more for them than for us. Could be wrong. Probably am, but that's the way I see it.

I will go as far as to say maybe if you registered for the courses on the same day they would consider it a bundled set and require all the finals to be taken at the same time. If this was in fact true, why would you not just stagger the courses by a few days to a week? Just an FYI, in forum discussions it was said this is the case for enrolled degree-seeking students; the semester finals are taken at the same time.

The woman who took my order did not tell me courses registered on the same day require finals taken at the same time. I called and requested the final exams be sent to my proctor. I actually purchased one course on July 12. Final exam was uploaded online. Then purchased two more on July 19. I took both finals together using the same proctor but I called and told them I completed all the work on both courses and asked that they mail the finals to my proctor, no one said they had to be taken at the same time. The final course, which was a last minute decision, was September 14. Final exam uploaded online. All under the same student ID.

Yes, I also heard about the accredidation blurb given over the phone, although a few years ago they were telling people they were regionally accredited when enrolling degree candidates. Not fully disclosing it was actually the high school diploma that was regionally accredited. Which in my opinion reeks of dishonesty and I would consider them crooks, but as you mention, they served a purpose.

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 4,108 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,809 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 743 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 789 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 606 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  Metropolia Open UAS Failed Enrollment? MissRN 9 949 02-05-2024, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 213 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 692 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 306 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest Dual Enrollment For Advanced Math the_epic_man 3 389 01-11-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Yenisei