Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson,s test prep
Hi guys I am going to take Social Sience and History this comming Tuseday. Unfortunately I have taken all related subjects covered in this exam 12 years ago at local college and my info regarding those topics had faded awy long ego. Don't have time to go through IC's prep for each individual test and try to get a compct test prep for this one. I ask any one who have purchased on line test prep from Peterson's on Social Sience and History? if anyone have purchased it which is $19.99 on their site, please tell me if it worth it a try and how close it is to real test. I have seen people who have tried other peterson's Exam prep said that it is harder than real one. My question is, is it passable by just going trough Peterson's or need mor sources of study in such a short period of time.

Any feedbak would be greatly appreciated
Ray
Need SS&H and one more art &Science to graduate in BSCIS, Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems.
mrezas Wrote:Hi guys I am going to take Social Sience and History this comming Tuseday. Unfortunately I have taken all related subjects covered in this exam 12 years ago at local college and my info regarding those topics had faded awy long ego. Don't have time to go through IC's prep for each individual test and try to get a compct test prep for this one. I ask any one who have purchased on line test prep from Peterson's on Social Sience and History? if anyone have purchased it which is $19.99 on their site, please tell me if it worth it a try and how close it is to real test. I have seen people who have tried other peterson's Exam prep said that it is harder than real one. My question is, is it passable by just going trough Peterson's or need mor sources of study in such a short period of time.

Any feedbak would be greatly appreciated
Ray
Need SS&H and one more art &Science to graduate in BSCIS, Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems.

[SIZE="3"]Good question and perhaps the only way you can find out is to do it? However, Petersons prep is an excellent way to gauge yourself for exam. It's too bad that can't get some study time in advance of sitting the exam. Can you perhaps postpone it a few days just to do so? GOOD LUCK!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Thank you Brian, unfortunately I have to pass 8 credit hours in Art and sience
to graduate by Jly and to apply for graduation I have to have these 8 hours by june 15, so I picked SS&H (6 Hours) and one more cours like Macroeconomics a week after to asure in case I fail one of them have enough time to take another course, thatswhy I can't postpone the test.

By the way if your going to go for graduation ceremony this July let me know if I get these exam done on time and be able to graduate this summer I am going to go for ceremony. I would like to meet you there.

Thanks
Ray
mrezas Wrote:Thank you Brian, unfortunately I have to pass 8 credit hours in Art and sience
to graduate by Jly and to apply for graduation I have to have these 8 hours by june 15, so I picked SS&H (6 Hours) and one more cours like Macroeconomics a week after to asure in case I fail one of them have enough time to take another course, thatswhy I can't postpone the test.

By the way if your going to go for graduation ceremony this July let me know if I get these exam done on time and be able to graduate this summer I am going to go for ceremony. I would like to meet you there.

Thanks
Ray

[SIZE="4"]Are you an Excelsior student?[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
Yes I am Excelsior college student and if I finish these 8 credit hours in Art and Science form CLEP I will graduate in BSCIS ( BS Computer Information Systems) this July. I haven't taken any CLEP yet except for those I mentioned, that I have to take.

Ray
mrezas Wrote:Yes I am Excelsior college student and if I finish these 8 credit hours in Art and Science form CLEP I will graduate in BSCIS ( BS Computer Information Systems) this July. I haven't taken any CLEP yet except for those I mentioned, that I have to take.

Ray

Ray - I sent you a PM.....
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA

Ray - I just took this exam. I mainly used the Peterson's practice test (look for another thread I started for newbies where Snazz has listed a site allowing you to take the very same practice tests for free.), the CLEP Success book (also a link to get to it free online) and the CLEP practice test to study. I did quite well on it. Since it's a pass/fail you only need a 50. Oh, and the online CLEP book has some of the major points of each topic summarized. It also has 4 practice tests (2 pre and 2 post).
This should at least get you to the point where you feel comfortable with the subject matter.

Good Luck!!
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"]
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
31 hours traditional schooling
11 Microsoft exams, 1 Linux+, 2 ICCP's, 6 CLEP's, 12 DSSTs, and 6 ECE's
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"]Degree Completed!
BS in Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 196 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 498 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,559 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 945 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Khan World School - College Prep partnership with ASU bjcheung77 0 554 10-15-2022, 07:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Inside the Vast National Experiment in Test-Optional College Admissions LevelUP 2 860 04-11-2022, 05:49 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  BALS degree Foreign Service Officer Test vetvso 2 790 02-25-2022, 02:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,633 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Med School Tutors now part of Blueprint Test Prep! bjcheung77 0 487 11-01-2021, 06:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Management Test Battery (MTB) Exam? Merlin 9 4,482 03-08-2020, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Merlin