Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petersons Practice Tests Blocked?!!!
I try to get on the practice tests but it asks for a library card number. Any advice??
~*~ Rachel~*~
To everything there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under heaven.
Ec. 3:1

CLEP:
College Mathematics(6)--score 60
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature(6)--score 66
English Composition(6)--score 50
US History I(3)--score 63
US History II(3)--score 67
American Government(3)--score 59
Social Sciences and History(6)--score 58

DSST:
Introduction to Computing(3)--score 440
Management Information Systems(3)UL--score 406

ALEKS:
Beginning Algebra(3)
Intermediate Algebra(3)
College Algebra(3)

Straighter Line:
Intro to sociology
World Religions
Business Ethics
Western Civ. 1
Cultural Anthropology

To God be the glory!
Firedup4Jesus Wrote:I try to get on the practice tests but it asks for a library card number. Any advice??
If you check the other Peterson's thread here people have provided many backdoor means to get into the site, though I question the ethics and legality of doing that.

Access to those practice tests is not free, but many local or state library systems provide free access as part of your tax dollars. The best way to get access is to check with your local library to see if they participate in the program and get access that way. You can also pay $19.95 for access here.

They start adding IP blocks or make library card/PIN requirements because the libraries usually shut access down once they realize that people from outside their state are using them as a way to get the service for free, which I am sure impacts their budgets. I'm pretty sure they will eventually lock them all down soon.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Hey guys I don't want anything illegal posted on this thread!! God knows everything you do. I found out from a fellow CLEPer that Indiana only provides it for their students. Which is understandable. I just thought maybe I was doing something wrong like not going to the right web site. Anyway PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYTHING ILLEGAL ON THIS THREAD!!!!

Thanks,
~*~ Rachel~*~

CLEP:

DSST:

ALEKS:
Beginning Algebra(3)
Intermediate Algebra(3)
College Algebra(3)

Straighter Line:
Intro to sociology
World Religions
Business Ethics
Western Civ. 1
Cultural Anthropology

To God be the glory!
Firedup4Jesus Wrote:Hey guys I don't want anything illegal posted on this thread!! God knows everything you do. I found out from a fellow CLEPer that Indiana only provides it for their students. Which is understandable. I just thought maybe I was doing something wrong like not going to the right web site. Anyway PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYTHING ILLEGAL ON THIS THREAD!!!!

Thanks,
Whoa....hold on here. Its not illegal. I've signed up and then they sent me a password in the mail (since the one in registration is temporary). Now I live in NC, so it definitely not Indiana. If you follow my directions in the other thread, it will work. They explicitly say, "don't provide false information" in the registration area. So don't, I didn't.

*Edit* go to page 6 here http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...ons-6.html.
BSBA in Finance from TESC by fall 2011
Total: 147 credits
If you need more info, check out what Chebasaz from free-clep-prep.com says. Free Practice Clep Tests! - Free-Clep-Prep.com
After all, INSPIRE took the time and money to send me a password through the mail.
BSBA in Finance from TESC by fall 2011
Total: 147 credits
Firedup4Jesus Wrote:Hey guys I don't want anything illegal posted on this thread!! God knows everything you do. I found out from a fellow CLEPer that Indiana only provides it for their students. Which is understandable. I just thought maybe I was doing something wrong like not going to the right web site. Anyway PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYTHING ILLEGAL ON THIS THREAD!!!!

Thanks,
I didn't mean to suggest that it breaks any laws to use those backdoor access methods (although it is possible with the nuances of intrastate commerce laws), but it is definitely a gray area that makes the ethical side of my brain complain a bit. Even in the link from free-clep-prep that FinancialWorld posted they said they didn't know how much longer it would be available. I think we all know its not intended to be used that way since it does potentially hurt the library system if they get a huge bill for a bunch of people using the service that aren't contributing tax money. It's just something to think about... I'd try to get regular access through your state library system and go into it with a clear conscience (and not have to worry about losing access every few weeks.)
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Firedup4Jesus Wrote:I try to get on the practice tests but it asks for a library card number. Any advice??
I too can't access it but I did find a list of other states on their website with virtual libraries. It may help. Other Statewide Virtual Libraries
Anyone who is a student at TESC should have acsess to the NJ state Library and its databases. I did find an Infotrac page and I have a library card number, but I can't figure out how to find the practice test once I get there. I may try to call the library tomorrow.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Okay thanks for the help everyone! Smile
~*~ Rachel~*~

CLEP:

DSST:

ALEKS:
Beginning Algebra(3)
Intermediate Algebra(3)
College Algebra(3)

Straighter Line:
Intro to sociology
World Religions
Business Ethics
Western Civ. 1
Cultural Anthropology

To God be the glory!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone Do IQ Tests or a Part of an IQ Society? dewisant 9 914 05-13-2022, 06:34 PM
Last Post: creationstory
  Looking for EQ & IQ Tests online: Anyone? bjcheung77 6 955 10-12-2021, 05:40 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests? Sorbik 5 2,257 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Study site, Study.com or Petersons btinnc 0 864 03-12-2020, 12:37 PM
Last Post: btinnc
  Peterson's Practice Tests mseldomridge 9 3,486 11-20-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Heisrisen2916
  Can't find my Peterson's tests! studyandpass5 0 847 06-29-2019, 11:47 AM
Last Post: studyandpass5
  Practice Test Scores Mom23boys 1 864 06-17-2019, 06:43 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Can we get access to Peterson's tests through TESU? studyandpass5 4 1,533 05-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Intro to Psychology CLEP - Peterson's practice tests S.Tesla 0 1,327 04-08-2019, 03:38 PM
Last Post: S.Tesla
  Only two CLEP tests per day Jenniferinfl 6 1,801 02-12-2019, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Jenniferinfl