Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petersons Tests for DSST CJ and Intro to Law Enforcement
Has anyone used the Peterson's Tests to study for either the DSST CJ or Intro to Law Enforcement Exams? How well was the material covered in preparation for the actual test? I personally prefer the format of the Peterson's tests rather than the IC Flashcards. I'm also reading the Criminal Justice Cliff Notes and studying the key points mentioned by others in this forum.

Thanks for your input!

Moved From Feedback Section...
I recently took Intro to Law Enforcement and used the flashcards as well as Peterson's. If you search the forum you will find a previous post of mine where I stated that Snazzlefrag's notes had information that was on the test. This information was not in the flashcards and not in the 3 practice tests. I highly recommend these three sources. I received a 69 using these resources. I have to say that watching 20 years of Law and Order didn't hurt either! Good luck.
I couldn't ever find an intro to Law Enforcement Petersons. Is one out there?

DS will be taking this test either on Friday or Monday, so if someone has an answer quickly, that would be very much appreciated!! I'll google again, but not sure why I couldn't find it before..
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Update: I googled and searched and I just can't find the Law Enforcement Petersons.

Anyone?

Thanks!
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
The only DSST's practice tests I found are for:
Ethics in America
Introduction to Computing
Management Information Systems
Principles of Supervision
Substance Abuse
Testing CreditsALEKS- Beginning Algebra, CLEP Intro Psychology, CLEP Principles of Management, CLEP Principles of Marketing, CLEP Info Systems & Computer App, CLEP Intro Sociology, CLEP Analyzing & Interpreting Literature, DSST Environment & Humanity, DSST Here's to Your Health, DSST Organizational Behavior, DSST Personal Finance, DSST Substance Abuse, DSST Supervision
Class Credits
English Composition 1, English Composition 2, Nutrition, Intercultural Communications, Introduction to Business, US History 2, College Algebra, HR Management, Professional Selling, Consumer Behavior, Managing Organizational Change, Art Appreciation, Music Appreciation, Statistics
I use the DOD portal for Peterson's. There is a DSST Intro to Law Enforcement exam here.

DANTES Prep

Hope this helps!
humenber Wrote:I use the DOD portal for Peterson's. There is a DSST Intro to Law Enforcement exam here.

DANTES Prep

Hope this helps!

Wow this is great... unfortunately we're not a military family. Both of my grandfathers served, but that's probably a stretch to access... I can have DS check with his father (my ex) to see if there are military members on that side.. hopefully doesn't have to be immediate family.

Thank you so much!
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
humenber Wrote:I recently took Intro to Law Enforcement and used the flashcards as well as Peterson's. If you search the forum you will find a previous post of mine where I stated that Snazzlefrag's notes had information that was on the test. This information was not in the flashcards and not in the 3 practice tests. I highly recommend these three sources. I received a 69 using these resources. I have to say that watching 20 years of Law and Order didn't hurt either! Good luck.

Congratulations, 69 is an excellent score! Thanks for the advice. I forgot to mention I previously downloaded a copy of Snazzlefrag's notes. I just wasn't sure how current the info was, but your post sounds reassuring. I will definitely focus more time there. Maybe I'll start watching Law and Order too...Smile
burbuja0512 Wrote:Wow this is great... unfortunately we're not a military family. Both of my grandfathers served, but that's probably a stretch to access... I can have DS check with his father (my ex) to see if there are military members on that side.. hopefully doesn't have to be immediate family.

Thank you so much!

I think your grandfather(s) definitely count. I'm not a military family either, but I have retired family members who have served in the Navy. Here's what the site says:

All service members (Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, National Guard, and Reserve), regardless of activation status (active, retiree, contractor, or civilian) and their families are eligible for this service.

I'm a big fan of this site and they have a large data base of practice exams for both CLEP and DSST. The format is much easier for me than the flashcards.
pacifictmk Wrote:I think your grandfather(s) definitely count. I'm not a military family either, but I have retired family members who have served in the Navy. Here's what the site says:

All service members (Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, National Guard, and Reserve), regardless of activation status (active, retiree, contractor, or civilian) and their families are eligible for this service.

I'm a big fan of this site and they have a large data base of practice exams for both CLEP and DSST. The format is much easier for me than the flashcards.
Nobody in my family is active military, but several in the family have served. This is a great alternative to using my state library access which I will probably lose soon as I'm preparing to leave the state. It doesn't look like it uses the same Peterson's/Nelnet login as the the inspire/terc portals through the library though.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,457 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 981 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  Anyone Do IQ Tests or a Part of an IQ Society? dewisant 9 930 05-13-2022, 06:34 PM
Last Post: creationstory
  Intro to Sociology Jennr2z 8 1,073 05-11-2022, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,179 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  Looking for EQ & IQ Tests online: Anyone? bjcheung77 6 977 10-12-2021, 05:40 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  DSST - Health and Human Development Silly_Me 6 3,109 04-30-2021, 08:58 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  DANTES to DSST natshar 9 1,691 03-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  DSST Principles of Public Speaking MrsIrie 12 2,888 09-04-2020, 10:55 PM
Last Post: momofminis
  Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests? Sorbik 5 2,325 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: nomaduser