Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC transcribing Geography course
I took a Geography course at a local community college last fall, and passed it with an A. I have sent my transcripts to TESC and they have had them since Dec. 27 (I think) sometime late December anyway. I am a BA Social Science major, and really need to know how this course may transcribe. I understand that TESC has two different Geography courses, that's all I can find anyway. One is GOG-230 World Geography, and GOG-120 Human Cultural Geography. I can find the course description and syllabus for GOG-230, but nothing on GOG-120. The course I took, is given the annotation of GEO-100 World Regional Geography. I talked with an advisor last week and she put the course as planned and put GEO-199. The problem is GEO means Geology. I have taken the other two Geology courses as my natural science and then the other counted as some other general ed. course. I have read the course description for GOG-230 and the course I took, and they both seem to be the same course, almost identical. The reason this is so important to me, is because if this course counts as anything 200 and above then I am finished with my concentration, and only need one more general education elective, and the capstone, which I start in Feb. However, if they count this as GOG-120 or GEO-199 (I am not sure if that exist), but if they count is as anything below 200 then I need one more social science course that is 200 or above, and that severely limits my choices. I have finished upper level, so any level above 200 will do. I will copy and past the course description from my course at the local community college and the course description for the GOG-230 so I will let you see what you think. I have to have these finished in time to apply for the June graduation, so I am stressing a little.

This is the course description from my community college:

World Regional Geography- GEO 100
Learning Objectives: World Regional Geography is a survey of the physical and cultural features, economies, and populations of the geographic regions of the world. Current events are integrated into the course as a reinforcement tool. The objectives of the course are: 1. Gain an understanding and appreciation of the human and physical geography of the regions of the world. 2. Be able to discuss the regional interactions among environments – human and physical environments. 3. Be able to locate on a given map, some selected physical and cultural features of a given region.

This is the course description for GOG-230 from TESC:

WORLD GEOGRAPHY- GOG-230
COURSE DESCRIPTION

Focusing on the processes of globalization, this course provides an opportunity to explore all of the world’s major regions, examining the similarities, differences, and interrelationships among places caused by their historic, economic, cultural, and political geographies.

Is there any way to tip the odds in my favor on this one? I have already emailed academic advising and sent them the course description from my community college, but I wish they would give me some kind of answer, either in my favor or not, because I need to start planning for another test.
I recently transferred over CC Intro to Cultural Geography GEOG102 and TESC transcribed it as GOG-120. For me it went under Diversity and Global Literacy.
SwaggyP Wrote:I recently transferred over CC Intro to Cultural Geography GEOG102 and TESC transcribed it as GOG-120. For me it went under Diversity and Global Literacy.

Ok, I was hoping that since my course didn't focus much on the Cultural aspect of it. I guess it was just wishful thinking. I think I need to go ahead and just plan to take another Social Science. I have a couple in mind, but I prefer DSST and the only DSST social Science I can still take is Civil War and Reconstruction, and from what I understand it can be a tough one.

Thanks for the input.
I'm sure the expressline advisor was just confused (unfortunately it happens quite often). You will need to be patient, evaluations take 4-6weeks. I would exoect the course to transfer as world geography (GOG). What level they assign the course is anyone's guess. It would seem they are beginning to follow guidelines/procedures, which will actually benefit everyone.

Good luck!

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,726 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,467 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,211 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 4,004 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,571 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,794 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,765 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC RA808 110 11,786 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: RA808
  TESC Liberal Arts Capstone Review hornj 13 6,985 08-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Last Post: mabby
  TESC BA Psychology lovewins 5 1,995 07-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77