Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Physical Science Lab, do I need lab???
Hi Everyone,

I'm a bit unsure as to what to do, I know that brick and mortar schools require you to take at least 1 class with a lab, for me they have told me it has to be from Physical Science (my major which is History)...which are classes like chemistry, Physics etc.  I'm currently getting my transcripts evaluated at TSU and Excelsior, so does anyone know if I still need to do a class with a lab through these schools??? I'm assuming you can't test out of a lab???  Is there an alternative to this...sorry not sure on this matter and can't find anything on this forum regarding this.  Thank you in advance everyone!   Smile
At most B&M schools, they may require 2 sciences (one physical, one life), and one of those to be a lab - that's what's required here in the state of CA.

As for TESU and EC, neither requires a lab. COSC DOES require a lab.

You can get a lab alternatively via several providers (SL, Ed4Credit, Study.com) but I would choose Study.com since it's $100 for the course and $40 for the virtual lab (4cr total).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • bluebooger, MNomadic
(05-08-2019, 01:36 PM)dfrecore Wrote: At most B&M schools, they may require 2 sciences (one physical, one life), and one of those to be a lab - that's what's required here in the state of CA.

As for TESU and EC, neither requires a lab.  COSC DOES require a lab.

You can get a lab alternatively via several providers (SL, Ed4Credit, Study.com) but I would choose Study.com since it's $100 for the course and $40 for the virtual lab (4cr total).
Do U work for SDC?
(05-08-2019, 01:36 PM)dfrecore Wrote: At most B&M schools, they may require 2 sciences (one physical, one life), and one of those to be a lab - that's what's required here in the state of CA.

Perfect, that's what I was wondering. Thank You!

(05-08-2019, 01:39 PM)indigoshuffle Wrote:

Do U work for SDC?

I do not
(05-08-2019, 01:39 PM)indigoshuffle Wrote:

Do U work for SDC?

I do now, but that's not why I recommend them for different things.  My advice on course providers hasn't changed since I started working for them less than a year ago.  The only reason I MIGHT recommend them more than something else is that there's a good course equivalency table, so i know where things fit with more accuracy than other course providers (there are other reasons that I make clear, this is just one reason I might that you wouldn't see right off the bat).

-Ed4Credit lab courses are $65 for the course and $98 for the lab - a total of $163 for 1cr (or less if you had a coupon).

-SL would be $99 for membership, $49 for the course, and $79-129 for the kit depending on the course - so $227-$277 for 1cr (less if you were taking additional courses through them, or had a coupon).

-Study.com is $100 for the course and $40 for the lab - so $140 for 4cr.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IIT Guwahati BSc in Data Science & AI on Coursera Tomas 3 636 07-21-2023, 06:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Self-paced online that uses physical textbooks? pluggingalong 6 1,127 03-10-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: pluggingalong
  UMGC or SNHU Computer Science program. coryjunior19 8 4,359 09-24-2022, 02:16 PM
Last Post: tuckerarabi786
Information New ASU EA Course: BIO 130 Intro to Environmental Science MNomadic 8 1,485 06-09-2022, 11:35 PM
Last Post: jch
  PennWest California AS Technical Studies & BS Science & Technology Multidisciplinary Jonathan Whatley 7 1,212 03-24-2022, 06:03 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Self-paced science prerequisites, standalone labs sanantone 7 1,418 09-23-2021, 04:37 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Bottega U vs UofPeople - BS Computer Science bjcheung77 20 3,083 06-24-2021, 11:08 AM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Fundamentals of computer science RA credit course? nomaduser 6 1,397 01-15-2021, 01:55 PM
Last Post: nomaduser